Nightime Blues

NARRATOR
It's been a long treacherous day for the newly formed group. Roxy, Ricky and Jax together now face nightfall. A rich dark blue sky full of glimmering white stars twinkling with glee throughout the night. They settle down and make camp in the woods. With each movement the leaves rustled beneath, the birds silent in the darkness of the night. There's only one motive now and it is to survive the night.

ROXY'S POV🥀
The night has already come to haunt us and quite frankly it's not so bad. I feel safe for once in my life. I turn my attention to Ricky staring into the night sky as he breathes slowly, his hair flowing lightly in the wind of the cold night. His dark blue eyes sparkle with the stars in the night sky and I can't help but smile.

"What are you smiling about red?" Asks Jax staring at me with his blank grey eyes. I shrug him off and sigh, "It's nothing" I respond looking away from Ricky. I know my response wasn't enough to throw off Jax though, we might have just met today but he is no fool. "I see the way you look at him, why don't you just tell him how you feel?" Jax continues, trying to understand. I look up into the night sky and then at Jax, "I'm not sure of my emotions and in a dire situation like the one we're in I think it's best for both of us to put our feelings aside" I explain to Jax.
He nods in understanding and gets up to add fuel to the fire. Maybe he's not so bad after all.

RICKY'S POV 🖤
The night sky is beautiful I think to myself as I here Jax and Roxy mumbling to one another. I look over wondering what those two are talking about when Jax gets up. Just talk to her Ricky what's wrong with you I think to myself wondering whether I should make a move or not. Maybe it would be best if I set it aside but, would that really be the best choice to make? I'm stuck in a never ending spiral in my own brain and it's driving me insane. I want to hold her and make her feel like she's safe with me but how can I do that when I'm not even safe from myself.

"Hey kid come help me with this fire" I hear Jax call out to me. I sigh and get up to help Jax. I get some wood and pass it to Jax. "Is that what you need?" I ask ready to go back to my internal argument. "No, i need to know what's up with you in Roxy, she looks at your like your a glowing god and I know you look at her the same way." Jax says looking at me with a serious stare, not that his facial expression doesn't always seem that way. "We're just friends, it's complicated" I say in response. Jax nods and stares into the fire, "How come you guys don't just talk about it? Wouldn't it be better to face the end of your dimension together than apart?" Jax says awaiting an answer and somehow his words stuck with me. I didn't think about it in that way, for once Jax says something smart that didn't involve how many girls he was with in his dimension. "I just don't think it's best for us to be together in this point in time" I lie and sigh. "Whatever man, your going to regret it when she moves on" Jax says and at that moment I hoped I wouldn't regret my decision in the long run.

NARRATOR
And so it was time to head to bed. Huddled close to the crackling fire and twisting and turning over the ruffling leaves the gang finally fell into a deep slumber. The soothing wind blowing through their hair. Slight shivers running down their spines and soft snores throughout the night. Maybe nighttime isn't so scary after all...

🌸 Hey guys!! Omg I haven't uploaded in a while and I know you have probably all forgotten about me and this story but here's an update for you guys anyways! Enjoy!! 🌸