Isaac Son of Abraham

-NARRATOR-
A few days have past and things only get worse. There is no longer electricity and the internet just like that was non existent. Seems like the government is working hard to make humans feel like they have stepped right into the gates of hell. Day by day Roxy's aim gets better and she goes hunting outside often but soon her and Ricky will need to get moving. The last thing anyone needs is getting found by soldiers and killed by force. The government is a lion and the citizens are now the prey.

RICKY'S POV 🖤
The ruckus from downstairs is always annoying. I wake up to this everyday. Roxy is having her daily training session with Jerad and all those gunshots and gunpowder shouldn't be healthy at all but still I can't complain over something that could save our asses. I get up and ruffle my hair. I head to the bathroom and do the usual: shower, brush my teeth and wash my hair. When I finish I make my way downstairs where I see Roxy aiming at a target. The target always seems to be the same picture of the same guy. The guy has dark skin and bright blue eyes. How she got the photo is a mystery to both me and Jerad.

Roxy finally notices me standing there and takes off her ear muffs and smiles.

"Ricky your awake!" Roxy says, "come here I want to show you some super cool goggles Jerry gave me."

Now how can I resist when she's actually smiling. I head over to her direction and lean over her shoulder

"Show me" I tell her.

She turns around to face me and shows me some goggles with a golden rim, green gems and orange tinted lenses.

"Jerry said I could have them for whenever I need eye protection" Roxy says with a happy grin spread from cheek cheek.

"That's awesome Roxy" I say and smile as well.

Things here have gotten so bad that me and Roxy had to promise to try an celebrate the small things in life. We deserve the small waves of happiness after all we've been through.

"I'm gonna put it on" Roxy says.

She starts to put on the goggles and when she finally finishes she strikes a pose and looks at me.

"Well? How do I look?" Roxy asks.

I look at her and poke her nose. Roxy looks good with goggles on her head. They look like they were meant for her specifically.

"Looks great on you" I say.

She engulfs me into a hug making me smile and hug her back. Roxy's a good person don't get her wrong. She might have a nasty attitude but she's an awesome friend.

ROXY'S POV 🥀
Ricky is awesome! An awesome friend for the price of a busted leg. I still don't know how he even got his leg that busted but I'd rather not ask. I set down my ear muffs and walk into the kitchen.

"You hungry Ricky? There's bacon in the fridge if you want me to cook you some" I say.

I see Ricky come in and lean on the wall shaking his head at me.

"Roxy you don't always have to cook my breakfast. You know I can always cook too" Ricky says to me.

"I know but I don't want you to hurt your leg while cooking" I say.

We continue like this arguing back and forth over who gets to cook breakfast for who. This goes on everyday for us. It's a regular thing but all this arguing seems to attract Jerad into the situation.

"Enough arguing dammit. You guys sound like a married couple for gods sake. I'll cook" Jerad says.

We look at him. I open my mouth to say something but Jerad starts to glare at me so I stay shut. I'd rather not get Jerad mad today. Before I can head back to training there is a knock at the door and extensive barking outside someone is outside but who? I look at Ricky. We signal to each other quietly and each of us grab a gun. I slowly get in front of the door aiming straight for it ready to shoot. Ricky stands by the side of the door ready for me to say the word. I signal for him to open the door and as he opens the door I wish he hadn't. In front of me stands Isaac the worst of the dirtiest of sluts.

"Stand down aight I come in peace" Isaac says

"Hey that guy looks exactly like the guy on your targ-" Ricky tries to say before I cut him off.

"Look Isaac I don't know what you want with us or how you found us but you better make your stupid visit quick" I say.

I lower my gun and stash it in my back pocket. I gesture for Isaac to come in and Ricky closes the door when he does. Isaac looks around and and spots my target board.

"Nice target" Isaac says, "I'm flattered that you still think of me".

"Of course you are" I say while rolling my eyes. "Why are you even here?" I ask

"To warn you and maybe try and get you back" Isaac says.

Issac can never get it through through that thick skull of his that I want nothing to do with him but he does seem serious about the news so maybe I should here him out. I look at Ricky and he looks back at me. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that little mind of Ricky's. He's so quiet and calm. So unbothered by life as if he expected things to go wrong. I don't blame him I always think thing will go wrong even before I do things. Crazy how this world works.

"Alright spill the frijoles (beans) boy" I say

"Look you didn't hear this from me but I heard there's going to be a gas leak tomorrow that will contaminate the air and make it easier for people to be eliminated. From tomorrow on gas masks are a must in contaminated areas" Isaac says.

"Where'd you get this information?" Ricky asks.

"I over heard to soldiers talking and I came to find Roxy and warn her" Isaac explains.

Makes sense. Isaac has always been crazy about me. Ricky probably puts him on edge. I don't know what to do at this point. Isaac is not going to leave now until he gets what he wants, I know him. He's going to beg and plead until I give up and say yes and then we're upstairs getting our freaky on just for us to regret it later. I think I have a plan though.

"Roxy can we talk in private now?" Isaac asks me

"Look Isaac I've told u before and I'm going to tell you now. Me and you are over and plus I've got a new fling..." I say.

"Who?" He asks with a concerned look on his face.

I look at Ricky and wink at him. This plan better work or I'm so toast.

"I'm with Ricky now" I say with confidence.

"HIM?!" Isaac yells.

"ME?!" Ricky says in shock.

Isaac looks at Ricky and Ricky looks right back at him. After the confused face exchange they both look at me as if to say "Wtf". I can't keep letting Isaac have what he wants. I lost feelings a long time ago and he has to get over me. I don't blame him though I'm a pretty curvy girl and of course I reeled him in but there are different fish in the sea and I think I want to go for the others.

"You have to be kidding me Roxane" Isaac says.

"Nope, I'm as serious as a Latin mom giving you the stare down that lets you know she's going to whoop that ass the minute you get home" I say.

"Prove it then" Isaac says while crossing his arms.

I'm always up for a challenge. I walk up to Ricky and look into his eyes. He looks back into mine in confusion. I hate to put him in this awkward situation but I helped him once and he can consider this the favor he owes me. I lean in and kiss his him breaking the space between his personal bubble and mine. Ricky's lips were soft. I feel him kiss be back and pull me closer and with every touch the kiss became more passionate, more real. The tension in the air you could cut it with a knife. I pull away just before I lost myself in Ricky's passionate kiss. I turn to look at Isaac who I have shattered once more. This truly becoming the shattered.

"Believe me yet" I say with a smirk on my face.

"Yeah... but Roxy I will forever keep loving you" Isaac says to me softly

I can't help but feel bad. I just shattered the heart of a guy who's heart should've belonged to someone less cruel then me and I put Ricky in the worst situation. Me and Ricky are just friends. I'll explain it all to him later because in all honesty I don't need bigger fish to fry I just did. Isaac my first toxic love.

🌸 Hey guys! Here's a new update for you guys. I wrote the dialogue in a different format this time and I think I'll continue writing like this. In the next chapter Roxy and Ricky struggle to understand their emotions and things get heated. Stay tuned for more updates!🌸