When The Birds Sing

NARRATOR
After a long night of sleep it's finally day time. The people are hunting, the sun is shining, and the guns are being reloaded for another big day of endless battle. Jax is up early making sure all weapons are set and ready to go, allowing for Roxy and Ricky to get more sleep. The birds are chirping and singing for the lost souls and for the crying families that are waiting to go home because it's no longer a silly glitch in the system but rather a warfare that's endless. One by one people are dropping and soon enough the government will overthrow the people because with time they'll get closer to the goal of controlling wether you live or you go. So buckle up because it's going to be a long ride unless of course someone can figure out how to escape this dreadful life.

JAX'S POV ⭐️
It's hard to wake up in this strange place. I'm a stranger, neither friend nor foe but I'm definitely a threat to this society. I look over at Roxy and Ricky who look peaceful soundly asleep. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be able to have someone by your side, someone close to you and there to tell you it'll be alright. That was my only wish when I was captured in the Bad Lands. Memories, they come rushing in like a river ready to break through your mind. I shrug it off and finish reloading the pistols and move on to sharpening the blades.

"Mm... Jax? What are you doing awake so early?" I hear a sleepy raspy voice say behind me. I turn around to take a better look at who was speaking to me only to realize it was Roxy. "You know red, I could say the same for you. What woke you up?" I ask Roxy as I turn completely around to speak with her. She rubs her eyes and yawns, "Just the same reoccurring nightmare I've been having since I was nine" she says while smiling slightly trying to reassure me that it was nothing. I nod and watch as she reaches into her bag for a toothbrush and a half empty tube of toothpaste. "I'm going to go brush my teeth over there" Roxy says pointing at the tree closest to us, "try not to miss me too much" she jokes  as she walks off.

I turned back around to finish my job with the blades. Suddenly I find myself stopping as I hear Roxy shriek in horror. Ricky and I jump up to see what was going on. I run up to see Roxy frozen in her  tracks, tears stinging her eyes as she stared at a hanging lifeless body. "I-I..." Roxy stutters. "Roxy? What happened?" I ask trying to get her to spit her words out, "Do you know the guy?" I ask again. She slowly backs away trying to gather her words when finally Roxy spits it out "I-Isaac". I was not sure who this Isaac guy was but Roxy sure seemed shaken up, this dimension is full of surprises isn't it.

RICKY'S POV 🖤
I'm woken up by deafening shrieks, loud enough to scare all the birds away. Immediately I'm up. I already see Jax rushing to get to Roxy. I get up and follow right behind him. Her face was enough to let anyone know she was distraught. I follow Roxy's eyes to see the shocking sight of the hanging body. Dried drips of blood running down his hands from his slit wrists, his body lifeless, and his face brutally beaten. It didn't take long before Roxy could spit out a name. "I-Isaac" I hear Roxy muster up. I could see her eyes stung with the tears rushing down her face.

"No red, don't cry. Please" Jax says quietly as he moves closer to hold her but it's no use as she pushes him off. She's shaking from the rush of emotions hitting her all at once. Roxy falls to the ground holding her face as she cried harder. I feel Jax's stare beating down at me. I look at Jax and then back at Roxy. I slowly kneel down in front of her, her eyes peek out from her hands and meet mine. With a blink of an eye she throws herself into my arms sobbing with emotional pain. All I could do was hold her, running my hands through her hair trying to soothe her. Nothing else mattered then.

ROXY'S POV 🥀
Broken. I'm broken. My heart? Shattered. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I-Isaac? It can't be... I thought but the painful reality is that it was him. I wasn't imagining it. My world is crashing and my mind is spiraling out of existence. It's like the more I try the worse it gets but somehow none it matters right now. I know I'm sobbing like crazy, I hate it. I hate that with ever tear I shed I only set myself up to be vulnerable, a failure, someone that is only here to be taken advantage of. Enough I think to myself as I push Ricky away softly, get up, and wipe my tears.

"Help me get his body down..." I say blankly. Jax turns his head and looks at me. I meet his glare as I cross my arms. "I'm tired of being this way." I say softly, "please, I don't him to be commemorated this way" I finish. If anyone should be hanging up there it should be me but how could I ever try to explain if they would never understand.

🌸Hey guys! Another day another chapter! I hope this chapter isn't to confusing but what do you guys think? Did Isaac deserve the reapers wrath or should he have lived on? Continue being good people and spread love always, I'll see you guys in the next one!🌸