Thirty One

they rode yoongi's motorcycle and jimin was shocked. he didn't know yoongi has a motorcycle.

it was probably 2 in the morning. and their ride was quiet. no one bothered speaking up.

until yoongi stopped in front of the woods.

"yoongi... what are we doing here?"

instead of answering, he signalled jimin to go down.

and so he did. yoongi followed afterwards.

yoongi started walking towards the woods, jimin following.

"yoongi, is this a good idea? it's dark and dangerous." jimin whisper-yell at yoongi.

but yoongi is not listening to him. so he kept quiet and continued following yoongi.

as yoongi removed a tree branch out of their way, jimin's mouth hung open.

'n-no way... he finished it?'

there in front of him is their old treehouse from before. they tried building it but failed when they were little.

but why did yoongi finish this? he didn't have to.

"y-yoongi i-"

yoongi jogs towards the trunk of the treehouse. he picks up an old paper and went back to jimin.

he handed jimin the old paper and jimin accepted it. he opened the paper and his eyes widened.

there it said:

june 13, 20**

we min yoongi and park jimin promise to finish the treehouse no matter what.

at exactly june 13, 20**, the treehouse must be finished.

signed by,
min yoongi & park jimin

jimin looks up at yoongi who's now smiling at him.

"i never broke my promise." yoongi says.

"w-we were kids back then... y-yoongi you-"

"i know you hate me and i know you have lots of questions so..." yoongi sat on the grass. "ask me."

jimin sat down as well. "why... why are you with them?"

yoongi looked down and played with the ground. "they threatened to hurt you. so i started to hang out with them. but when i saw you earlier, their threats suddenly had no meaning for me." yoongi clenched his fist.

"you should've told me."

"i-i know. i'm sorry."

"and... who was that girl?"

"that was my cousin... she helped me with the stuffs i need for the treehouse." yoongi explains. he holds jimin's hand. "i'm sorry for making you cry."

the two of them became quiet. until jimin hears yoongi sniff.

"yoongi?"

"hm?"

"are you... crying?" jimin asks and yoongi immediately wipes his tears away.

"n-no."

jimin chuckles and stands up. he pulls yoongi up and smiles.

"yoonie," yoongi looks up when he heard his nickname. his eyes full of tears.

jimin teared up too. "i missed you."

jimin punched yoongi's shoulder playfully. "i hate you."

yoongi smiles, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"i love you too."