Chapter 2: Azeroth

Chapter 2: Azeroth

At the mountains Forge...

In a dwarven kingdom, a human man walks inside with his coat on his arm as he walks with lord Magni. "The only other metal I ever made, Lothar. You and your farmers the turf of 188 with dwarven steel, eh?" he states as they walk down the way. If it's to ship away from my stock, what would my wives think?" he questions and Lothar just smirks "You must have changed your mind, my lord. Better I do my job, then less a man has to do." Lothar informs him. "Hm. Still, it's good to see you, my friend. Grab your wagon and thacks and they'll soon be on their way." he states walking in front of a crafting table and a box in front of him. Lothar checks out the blades, seeing how sharp they were. "Lothar, come," he calls out, Lothar then turns and looks at him. "I have something for you," he informs him, Lothar then walks over next to him, lord Magni then opens the box and revealed a boomstick.

Lothar just looks at it and then back at him, "What is it?" he asks him, tossing his coat down onto the table, "A mechanical marvel." he answers and pulls out the weapon. "It's a boomstick." he answers and then aims the gun, Lothar then leans down and held his hand like the gun, but a dwarf ran to the lord with a message in his hand. "Odd," he mutters then handed Lothar the boomstick and then took the scroll. "Take water." he orders the dwarf, who nods at him and walks off. The lord then unseals the letter and reads it. Lothar was messing with the boomstick, he then looks in it to see if it was loaded or not, but the lord did not like what it had to say, "You better head home big man." he states then turns and handed him the letter. "It seems that someone has attacked your garrison." he informs him, Lothar just looks at him, then he places the boomstick under his arm then took the letter. "It seems your king needs you, commander."

~8~8~8~

Stromguard...

Lothar walks through the castle with two of his men in the infirmary, "An entire garrison and no one saw him." he asks them, "We did find someone." Varric starts, "He was searching the bodies. Here in the barracks." Sebastian states, they stop walking, Sebastian then realizes it let it slip and Lothar turns to him, "In the barracks?" he asks him.

Lothar then steps into the cell, finding the intruder, sitting at a desk, reading, but when he was Lothar, he sets the book down and stood up, "Finally! Are you in command?" he asks, but Lothar grips his throat and slams him back onto the table, then grabs the scale and pins his arm down. "Shelaros!!!" the cam cries out, eyes glowing blue and an orb of magic appeared in his hand, but Lothar covers his mouth and stops the man. Who chuckled a muffled one, Varric and Sebastian just look out the door window, watching as Lothar then looks back down at the mark on his arm, "That's a mark of the Kirin Tor." he mumbles and looks back at the man and leans in. "What are you doing in my city spellchucker?" he asks him. The man makes the orb disappear and Lothar removes his hand away, "Let me complete my examination of the body across the hall." he tells him.

Then Lothar leans against him, "Now why would I do that?" he asks him with a smile. "Within that body is secrets to your attacks." he answers, getting his attention.

~8~8~8~

Then the two were back at the body that was drained dry. Then the man places two fingers into dead one's mouth, trying to get a better look, but then they all pulled away as a green mist shot out of the dead man's eyes. The mage covers his mouth, as he was horrified. "What was that?" Lothar asks him and the mage wipes his fingers on his robes, "We must summon the guardian." he tells him, "Medivh?" the second guard asks.

"It should be he who should explain it." he tells him and Lothar leans in, "Only the king can summon the Guardian." he tells him and turns to leave, "Get him to Goat's Ram." he orders him. And was gone.

~8~8~8~

The guard and the mage set out from Stromguard and took the road by horse as Lothar took the sky by Griffin, they rode down the road, passing a few monsters, then pass a mounting stand, Kdathgar stops and then looks at the griffin that was laying on the stand mount. "A Griffin." he states, "This way." Callin calls out and the guards follow after him, "It's tamed." Khathgar states with a smile when he looks ahead and then saw that Caillan was almost gone "It's... it's tamed." he whispers and then looks back at the griffin as it laid down and picks at its feathers. Then Khathgar road after them as they reached The Goat's Ram Inn. They dismounted and entered the tavern, some of the children were gathered in front of a minstrel as he was telling a tale in song. A man then drops to them and then gave them food and then pats one on the bed. A guard then handed his weapon to the smith and he places it on the rack. Another guard then walks across the tavern with a torn shield and then places it on the table and Llane looks at it.

He ran his hand along the metal and rested it on the shield that was crack all the way, "What kind of beast?" he asks his guards as Lothar stood by the fire. "Rumors, your Majesty." the guard answers. "How does a garrison of thirty men just disappear in but a whisper?" Llane asks them as Lothar turns to them. "By fell." the mage answers him and they all look at him. "Or at least it's influence." he starts, but the young guard named Kal held his arm out, stopping him from approach the king and Llane turns to Lothar, "Is this him?" he asks and he mumbles a "Mm'hm" and walks up pass the queen, "Your Majesty." he bows his head and Anduin steps up to the young guard. "Dad." he said and Lothar nods at him. "Well done son." he tells him and the boy walks off. "So who are you mage?" Llane questions him, and the mage steps pass Lothar, "My name is Khadgar and I'm the Guardian vitiate, or I was. I renounce my vows." he answers him. "So you're a fugitive?" Lothar asks him. And Khadgar looks at him, "I'm not hiding." he answers and then looks back at the king and took a step forward, "Your Majesty... I may have left my training, but I didn't leave abilities behind, I sense it's something, dark forces when it's strong it almost has a smell. Knowing that it was something so evil so close, I couldn't just ignore it." he tells him and the men were speaking among themselves, getting the people at the table's attention. Then Llane looks at them "What's going on out there?" he asks them, "Smoke, sir. In the SouthEast." Kal answers him. And the men went to see and Khadgar turns back to him, "Your Majesty, I urge you to engage the Guardian with all hast." Khadgar advises him, Llane then looks over at Lothar, who shared the same concern as him.

~8~8~8~

Lothar was on the second floor, looking out the window, seeing the fire in the far distance, "An attack?" Taria asks him, getting his attention. "What?" she asks him, "Stop requesting Callan." he tells her and she rolls her eyes at him, "Stay out of my business." he also tells her, "He wants to follow in his father's footsteps." she tells him and looks down at Callan. "My son doesn't need your help." he answers her and she looks back at him, "Tread carefully, you talk to your queen." she warns him and he smirks at her. Then leans against the wall, "You are my sister first." he reminds and Llane walks up to them, "What made it your last visit to Karizan?" he asks Lothar. And the commander faces him, "With you. I don't know um... six years." he answers him, with his hands folded in front of him. "And you had no contact with Medivh since?" Llane asks him again, "Not for the lack of trying." he states, shooting a look at his sister. "Well... he can't hide from us now." Llane states, pulling off his ring and offers it to Lothar.

"The Guardian is summoned," he answers him and Lothar took the ring. Then steps outside to his griffin. He walks up and padded it on its head, and it allowed him, he then mounted upon his saddle. A few guards, the king, the queen, and Khadgar steps outside and Lothar looks at the mage, "Get on." he tells him and Khadgar steps over to the Griffin and sat behind him. "Good luck." Llane wishes them. Lothar nods at him and the Griffin takes off. They flew all night to midday, over the snowy mountains to Karizan, to the Guardian.