Chapter 7: Proposed

Okay guys so here it is!!! Ta da! Finally!! I'm SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOO SORRY that it took me so long! I have been mega-uber busy lately and i kind of forgot about it and then all of a sudden I was like 'The Soul!! I haven't updated The Soul in forever!!! They're going to hate me and line up at my house to kill me and stop reading it forever!! NOOOOO!!!' So anyways here it is and I know it's been like one hundred years since I updated and all of my original readers are probably dead but I hope your grandchildren enjoy it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 Proposed

I woke to bright sunlight on my face, making my eyelids red. I opened my eyes and squinted. I could see the reflection of my eyes on the ceiling.

"You feeling any better?" Ian asked. I turned my head. The movement made me a little dizzy, but it was bearable.

"As long as I don't move my ankle or my shoulder, I'm fine." I said. I did hurt, but it wasn't too bad.

"I have a present." Ian said, reaching for something on the table behind him. He presented a white canister. No Pain. "Doc said I could give you some as long as you promise not to move your shoulder or ankle."

"I really don't need it."

"It would make me feel better. But you have to promise."

"Fine. I promise to hold still and be completely useless."

He smiled. "Here you go. Say 'ah.'"

I opened my mouth and he placed the thin square of medicine on my tongue. As it dissolved in my mouth, so did the ache in my ankle and shoulder. I felt my whole body relax.

"I thought you were lying. Wanda, you dint have to be so....selfless. It's not like it will even be hard to get more, and you're the one who got it, anyway."

I shrugged. Then I realized that the gesture moved my shoulder. Ian raises an eyebrow. I smiled sheepishly. "Oops. Okay, starting now, no more moving." He sighed.

And then I remembered Matt. Ian saw it in my eyes. Before I could ask, he spoke. "Matt's fine. I just knocked him out. He'll probably have a black eye, though."

"What will Jeb do?"

Ian?s blue eyes hardened for a moment. "Jeb's going to talk to him, try to explain. If things work out alright, he'll introduce you." I could tell Ian didn't approve of Jeb's plan.

"That's right, you know. We hadn't told him about me yet, so it's not fair to expect him to act any other way. To him, I was a threat. He was defending himself."

"That was not 'self defense,' Wanda. He attacked you without waiting to try to understand the sotuation."

"How could he? Understand the situation, I mean? He has learned that we are the enemy. We are the aliens, the invaders, the thieves of your planet. I forgive him for not trying to make friendly conversation."

Ian was just staring at me. His sapphire eyes glowed with affection. That made me feel good, warm all over. I smiled at him. He took my hand.

"You truly are the most beautiful person I'be ever met."I blushed and looked down. He moved his hand to the back of my neck and stroked the long, thin scar there. "You are."

He leaned his head down until his face was inches from mine. He kissed me and my stomach fluttered. He kissed my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw Jamie standing in the doorway, grinning. He winked at me. I smiled and blushed.