Chapter 15: Angered

So I'm really really REALLY sorry! I know it's been forever since I updated and I left you with a horrible cliffhanger but here it is now, so sorry! I swear this chapter was cursed! My computer kept deleting what I'd typed up and I even lost my notebook at one point!

Also this chapter is dedicated to nattycatty711 for getting the question correct first on the last chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15 Angered

My blood turned to ice. "What. Are. You. Doing?" I asked, my voice cold and hard. I snatched the cryotank from him. I was shaking with anger that I could not control. It flowed through my body, polluting it. Normally I would have been horrified with myself, but at the moment I didn't care.

"Just disposing of one of our pests." he sneered.

I screeched. "Sunny did nothing to you!" I was so angry that I forgot that this cryotank wasn't really hers. "You're so weak that you have to destroy anything that is different."

He growled and tried to wrench the cryotank from my arms but I grasped it tightly. He threw a punch that landed straight in my gut. It knocked the breath out of me and I bent over, protecting the cryotank with my body.

Doc came running up then, Trudy must have woken him. He pushed Matt into the wall and held him there. He said something to him but I couldn't understand what. My ears were ringing and I was still trying to catch my breath.

I felt Doc's slender hands on my back. "Are you all right, Wanda?" he asked.

I stood up slowly, trying to keep my head from spinning. I was still breathless, so I nodded. I looked around for Matt. He was slumped against the wall, unconscious. I glanced at Doc inquisitively. He smiled sheepishly. "We may have a bit less Sleep than we used to." He said softly. I smiled; he reminded me so much of a soul. Always trying to avoid violence.

I struggled to catch my breath. "Trudy burned her hand....while we were baking bread;....that's why we came down here.....Do we have anything....for burns?" I asked breathlessly.

"Yes, right here." Doc answered. He reached into a crate and pulled out a spritz bottle full of a pale blue liquid and labeled Soothe.

We walked over to Trudy. She was sitting on her cot, looking concerned. "Are you all right, Wanda?" she asked.

"Fine." I huffed. "Just a bit...out of breath."

"You'd better let me check that out. You may have a broken rib." Doc advised.

"What?!" Ian's voice came from the doorway. I looked up and saw him rushing towards me, looking concerned. "Did you just say she might've broken a rib?! How, exactly?!"

Doc jerked his head toward where Matt still lay unconscious on the floor. "We had a bit of an incident with Sunny." he explained.

Ian's cobalt eyes ignited with rage. "That--that....!" apparently he couldn't find the right insult because he trailed off. He took a step toward him.

"Ian!" I cried. I ran in front of him. The sudden movement tugged my side and sent a sharp wave of pain searing through me. I cried out and the cave around me became blurry. I felt my knees buckle. Ian rushed forward and caught me before I smacked into the ground. I leaned into his chest and closed my eyes as I waited for the world to stabilize and my head to stop swimming.

Ian lifted me and placed me gently on a cot. "Here." Doc said, "Give her this."

"Wanda? Are you okay, honey?" Ian asked me. I opened my eyes slowly. The room had stopped spinning. I focused on Ian's face, hovering right above mine, his blue eyes full of concern.