B O N U S

Karter dragged her board out of the water as the judges gave her a score of 16. She was proud of it, although she felt she could have done better with her foam climb she attempted on the third wave.

As she made her way back towards the other surfers, her friends ran up to congratulate her. In a flurry of excitement, they piled Karter up with compliments on her performance.

"I swear, every time I see you surf it makes me want to get off my lazy ass and do something athletic," Jessica commented. Bri hugged Karter while Camden patted her back. Logan went on and on about how cool she looked out on the waves and Caleb stood off to the side, not really knowing how to congratulate his new friend.

"Hey," Karter said after the others had relaxed.

"Hey," Caleb said awkwardly before quickly adding onto the greeting, "you did an awesome job out there."

Before he knew what was happening, Karter had her arms wrapped around him in a hug.

"Thank you so much for helping me chill out before," she said softly.

Caleb's ears began to heat up but he ignored that and reciprocated the embrace.

"No problem," his hands held the salty seawater Karter and brushed against the bottom of her braid, "what're fake boyfriends for."

● ● ●

3/12/18

Thank you so much for patiently waiting for me to update again! Here's a little 'thank you' bonus :)