Chapter 2

Play song at ballroom sence.

I am sitting at the bar with Mary Margaret having a good laugh really enjoying my Saturday night.
"What do you want to drink?" She asks.
"What ever you are having" I smile back
The music was loud and the whole place was so hot from the amount of people. And yet I felt lonely right now. I was in my 3rd drink and have only been here an hour.
"Emma slow down. You need to be work tomorrow, the last thing you need is Regina walking in on you hungover." I glace at the glass, she was right. But all I could think about him. I wanted to tell Mary Margaret but she wouldn't get is. She is your mother, snow white is your mum Emma. Henry's words where in my head.
I smile at her and take her hand to dance. We were have fun till a pair of hands land on my waist. The feeling in my body told me who it was.
"Gold...?" Mary looked at us.
"Mary may I steal Emma for a dance?" His words make me swan.
She smiles and walks off. I look at him and he grins at me.
He takes my hand and spins me into him. I just smiled.
"Gold. What is this. You know the whole town will be hearing about this. We not even together" I reply dancing with him.
"Emma do you care, you know you could blame it on the drink. But then your job could be at stake. It's dark and most people won't notice." He pulled me closer. That was not the response I wanted.
I went back to the bar and set beside Mary, she smiled at me and I just shrugged. I would have to tell her but not yet. We spent the rest of the night drinking.

Sunday morning. I really didn't want to go to work. I got up and made my way to grannys for a coffee. I sat in my office and pulled up all of the paper work I should have done yesterday. An hour later I was very tired. The phone rang and I sighed.
"Hello sheriff office, sheriff swan speaking" I answered.
"Emma can I pop over and have a chat?" A Scottish voice calls down the phone.
"Mr gold, I have an hour free if you want to pop over." I reply with no emotions.
"Brilliant I will pop right over." He seemed happy. I put the phone down and rest my head in my hands. I call grannys and order lunch which ruby said she will pop over.
My lunch turned up and just ruby left gold turned up.
"Mr gold, what can I help you with." My voice sounded confused with him.
"Miss swan last night you where worried about the town making rumors up. Why?" He asks taking a seat.
"You own the town, everyone here is scared of you. We not dating and I don't want Henry to get hurt. If we get together then I will tell people but till then I won't let things get spread. I don't need the pain of people." The turth just flowed out. The look in his eyes told me he wasn't looking for a relationship which I won't lie it hurt.
"Miss swan. Relationships don't work in this town you know that." He looked at the floor.
"What cause of the curse, gold you don't believe in love that's why. If the curse was true then you wouldn't have kissed me. What do you really want from me?" I was getting frustrated.
"I'm a man with needs." He started.
"NEEDS! I don't want to be a toy you can play with when you feel like having a relase. I do have feeling for you gold and I can't be played by you. It will hurt to much." By the end my voice began to break. He reached for my face but I pull back. "Tell me gold, do you really have feeling for me or are you just looking for a sexual relase?" I ask.
"Emma, don't think that. I do like you. I was in love once but I lost her cause I was evil, I don't want to hurt you. But most importantly I want you to build a bond with Henry. I want to give this a try. I will take you out on dates, come back to mine. But until I am ready I won't be in a relationship." I nod I can see where he is coming from. He kisses my head and goes to leave.
"Gold. Ok I will go on dates with you. I am working tomorrow. Come and have lunch with me here tomorrow please?" I ask him and he smiles.
"Until tomorrow then miss swan." With that he leaves. I finish my food and let out a sigh. Maybe I could change his mind, or show him that I care. There must be love in him somewhere. I will find it I must.

The day ended and I made my way home. Dinner was waiting for me again. I had a burger with a nice glass of wine.
"Mary. This looks great thanks so much." I smile at her and she grins. We sit together and make small talk while eating.