Chapter 5

"Gold come to my office I don't want to do this over the phone." I hang up and sigh. What am I going to do.
A few minutes later he turn up and smiles at me.
"Hello dear. Got and answer for me?" He smile and I look at him.
His golden eyes are staring at me and I can't seem to breathe. I felt my body shake under his look.
"Gold I.. I can't give you an answer. What about Henry, I want to say yes but I don't want get hurt." I reply.
"Emma. I can't hurt you I like you. Maybe something can change your mind." He whispers walking towards me. I step back and shake my head.
"Gold can I give you an answer tomorrow. I need to talk to Henry." I say and he stops and sighs and nods. I lay against my desk and he leaves.

"Emma?" I look up and see Henry staring at me.
"You ok kid. How comes your not at school?" I ask.
"Regina wants me to get you to leave." He says.
"What do you want me to do Henry." I ask.
"Stay. You need to break the curse." He says. I nod.
"Henry gold asked me out.." he cuts me off.
"No you can't. He doesn't love you." He screams.
"Hey hey I know. Calm down. I really like him Henry. Maybe this could be the key too breaking the curse." I say.
"No its not you both need to be in love and he.. You can't please." I sigh.
"Go to school I have work to do." I give him a hug and start working.
I spend all morning working and by the time lunch came round I had no paper work left. I lay back and smile. I get off the chair and head to my bug and drive to Grannys.
"Hey ruby what looks good today. I need a change." I smile and looks at me and giggles.
"I tell you what I will talk to granny and get her to bring you something. What's happened for the change." She asks and I shake my head. She gets I don't want talk about it and walk over to a booth.
My mind wanders to my problem with gold. What was I going to do. I wanted to say yes but I just found my son I don't want to lose him.
Granny bought out a slice of lasagne for me.
"Its on the house Emma." I smile at her.
"Emma, what are you doing here?" Regina's voice made me jump. I look up and see her standing there.
"Having lunch. I finished all my paperwork and any calls will come via my mobile. So I'm still on duty I am just having lunch." I reply and look at my food.
"Miss Swan, I hope you don't think that you can run my town." She looked at me.
"Madman mayor I would never take over your town. My job it to insure safety. Also if you use my son against me again I will be looking for you. Now if you don't mind letting me eat I can get back to my job." I reply and she looks at me and opens her mouth.
"Regina I believe miss swan asked you to leave her alone." Gold's voice sounded making me jump.
She walks out and he looks at me and walks off to the bar.
I let out a little sigh and continued eating. I wished Henry would just allow gold the chance. I pay for my drink and leave.

I sit at my desk and flick over the jobs I done over the past few weeks. I miss Graham but never really looked into his death. I stop thinking about him and finish my reports. I email them over to Regina. I look at the clock. 3:22. I take this opportunity to make myself a drink.

I head home pick up the pup and head back to work. I relax back into my seat with the dog at my feet.
Henry and Regina walks in. Henry runs over to the dog while Regina walks into my office.
"Cute dog what is it doing here?" She asked.
"The dog is mine and Henry's. I've wanted a dog for a long time and Henry fell in love with this one so I'm looking after it for him." I smile.
"Your roommate doesn't have a problem with this?" I look at her.
"Regina, Mary is fine with it, what's the real reason you are here." I ask.
"You and Gold have become distant?" She smirks.
"I told you it was a working relationship. Now that all work with him is done I see no reason to around him. Neither of us can agree on the same thing. I'm not looking for a relationship and neither is he." I reply.
"He is different Emma." She says.
"He is keeping a lot of secrets. I'm sure one will destroy my life." I say
"Miss Swan he hides a lot of stuff. I'm sure he is keeping things from me." Regina smile. "Ah the real reason I'm here. Can you have Henry for the weekend. I have some business to attend and don't want to leave him on his own?" She asks and I smile.
"Sure I will look after him." I reply and she nods.
"Henry, you are staying with Emma this weekend." Henry nods and smiles at me.