1. Eggman's New Invention

'It's finished, Sir' said a little red sperical robot.

'HAHAHA!' boomed the voice of an evil mastermind. 'Now, with this device, I can eliminate Sonic the Hedgehog, and build Eggmanland ONCE AND FOR ALL!'

'But Sir, would you care to explain how it works? I don't see any death cannon or laser beam pointing out of it...'

'Oh, Orbot, it would be better to just give you a demonstration!' Eggman's smile widened, making it look creepier than normal. Suddenly, the door to Eggman's control room burst open, and it appeared to be a yellow cube robot.

'Sir, I heard y'all 'ad built tha weapon, I didn't wanna miss out on such an occasion! Lemme fire it!'

'Ugh! You can't fire it! You'll just get something wrong and break it!' shouted an angry Eggman.

'Aww, but I neva got ta do anythin' to help ya build it!' protested Cubot. However much Eggman got annoyed at his two robot assistants, he could always feel a small sense of happiness around them, and he got sad whenever one of them were upset too.

'FINE!' Eggman handed the black cube-shaped device to Cubot. It had a golden funnel extending out of one end where the beam would fire out from. 'Just remember,' the evil villain said in a serious voice, 'make sure you turn the power settings up to the maximum setting!'

'We understand, Sir' said Orbot as the two of them exited the room and went looking for Sonic. They closed the door behind them on their way out.

'Oh god. I hope they don't mess this up. This is my BEST chance at stopping Sonic that I've ever had before.'

-

'Oh look, there's that blue hedgehog we're lookin' for!'

'Keep it down!' Orbot covered Cubot's mouth with his hand,  'We're not supposed to let him know we're here!' Sonic was walking out of Central City to get back to his house that was just outside the city, and the two robots made sure to follow him, never letting the hedgehog get out of their sight.

Sonic reached his house, and flopped out onto the bed. He had just been doing his daily 300 mile sprint around the City, and was tired out. He quickly drifted off into sleep. 'Quick! Now's our chance!' said an impatient Orbot. Orbot opened Sonic's bedroom window wider than it already was, and lifted Cubot onto his back so that he could position the device towards Sonic.

'Come on!' urged the red spherical robot, 'You know what to do!' But Cubot didn't. He wasn't paying attention to Eggman back at the base and didn't remember to turn it up to full power. Luckily, the power setting was at the setting that was just below the maximum setting, and he turned it on. A pink and red beam slowly poured out of the golden funnel and made its way into the blue animal's body. Cubot held the black box in place until no more floating pink stuff came out, and then Orbot lowered him down.

'So, did you do it?'

'Yeah, I did. Come on, we gotta get back to tha boss!' The two small robots ran off back in the direction they came in.