4. The Movie

'Hey, Mr Sonic! Amy! Wake up!' an excited young rabbit was shaking Amy by the shoulders in excitement. 'The Lonely Hedgehog is on!'

'Oh my god, I love that movie!' squealed Amy. 'Come on, Sonic, we HAVE to watch this movie!'

'Yeah, I woke you guys up especially for it!' Cream supported Amy's side of the argument.

'What?' asked a half-awake Sonic, still partially dreaming. He looked around to see Cream and Amy standing over him. Without any reason, Sonic reached up and pulled Amy in to kiss her. Amy blushed in surprise, while Cream just giggled.

'Aww, you two are just PERFECT for each other!'

-

Approaching the house were Eggman's two robot minions. They quickly jumped into the bushes near the window to the room Sonic and Amy were in, and started devising a plan.

'OK, so once we see them two hedgehogs kissin', we're outta here, are we?' asked the yellow cube.

'No, we can't settle for such inaccurate evidence! We need to be sure that Sonic kisses Amy, not the other way around! Amy might just kiss him because she's crazy, but if Sonic does it, we can be sure the machine worked' replied an annoyed red sphere.

'Sure thing. So, who's gonna check on them?'

'I'll do it. I can detach my arm and stick it to the wall with a camera. That way, we'll watch the video feed on this screen,' he pulled out a flat electonic tablet-like screen from inside his body, 'and when we see Sonic kissing Amy, we can go. Got it?'

'Yes sir!'

'You're not meant to call me sir, that is for Eggman!'

'Oh sorry, you just sounded a lot like him then.'

-

'Let me go get some popcorn from the kitchen then, I'll be right back!' Cream then ran into the kitchen and started up the microwave to make the popcorn in order to not miss any of the movie. Amy leaned over and kissed Sonic on the cheek while the rabbit was gone, and the two hedgehogs cuddled up together.

'Come on, come on! Do it already!' whispered an angry and impatient Orbot. 'Now I see why Dr Eggman hates you so much!'

'Hey, I'm back! Am I interrupting something here?' asked Cream when she saw Sonic and Amy cuddling close together.

'No, it's fine Cream, you can come sit next to us!' said Amy with a smile.

-

The three watched the movie up until near the end, and the two robots watched the three animals watch the movie until near the end. The main characters embraced each other and held a long kiss at the end, and Sonic leaned over to Amy and did the same without hesitation.

'Yes!' Orbot punched his fist into the air triumphantly after they saw the event unfold from the video feed.

-

After the kiss ended after a long 10 seconds, Cream collected her bags and went to leave. 'Bye! I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow then!' She checked through her bags once more, and found there was something missing. The young rabbit re-entered the living room and checked everywhere to try to find her money which she lost.

The robots heard this from outside and panicked. 'Come on, we need to get out of here! We have the evidence recorded on that camera, and if that rabbit finds us out here she'll know Eggman is up to something!' Orbot tucked the tablet screen back inside him, and Cubot grabbed his friend and started running.

'You don't need to carry me! I can run by myself!' complained the red robot.

'You have ta carry that computer thingy, it'll just slow ya down!'

'But you're holding onto me, and that means you're carrying two times the weight you normally would be!'

'Oh yeah...' Cubot kept quiet after Orbot showed him how stupid he was, and Cubot put him down. When they were a decent distance away, the two assistants of Eggman hid in some bushes to make sure the female rabbit didn't see them.

They were about 100 metres away from the house after a minute of running and Cream still hadn't left. 'So we didn't need ta run after all then?' asked a slightly annoyed Cubot. He went to get out from the bushes and start walking, when Orbot grabbed him by the foot and dragged him back in. 'Get back inside, you idiot! She'll see us otherwise!'

'What? She's inside, how can she se- *POWERING DOWN*' Orbot pulled out his yellow companion's battery pack to shut him up.

-

'I found it!' The young rabbit held up a pink purse triumphantly.

'That's awesome! I guess I'll see ya later then?' Amy asked her friend.

'Sure!' Cream walked to the door but stopped when Sonic shouted and stopped her.

'It's too dangerous for you to go alone at this time of night! I'll go with you to keep you safe.' Sonic declared.

'You don't have to, Mr Sonic,' Cream said.

'No, I will. You don't know who might be lurking out there in the darkness of the streets... Anyway, I'll be back in a few minutes Amy.' The blue blur carried Cream in his arms outdoors and started running.

-

'The coast is clear!' Said Orbot, but no response came from his yellow friend. 'Buddy? Wait, I turned you off, didn't I? Phew, I'm glad you didn't witness my lack of intelligence just there.' Orbit then carted the metal pile of yellow robot back with him in the direction of Eggman's lair.

-

'Thank you so much, Sonic, for getting my little girl back home,' said Vanilla happily once Sonic arrived at Cream's house about 30 seconds later.

'No problem, I just wanted to know she was safely home, that's all!' he responded.

'Well, you just make sure YOU have a safe trip home Sonic. See you later!' Vanilla waved Sonic off while he started running.

-

When Sonic entered the house, he couldn't see Amy anywhere. 'Amy! I'm back!' he shouted, trying to get her attention.

'Come up here!' she shouted down from her bedroom.

Sonic walked up and entered her room, where she was lying under the covers. Sonic jumped in with her, and they snuggled up close to each other. Sonic stroked Amy's head gently until she fell asleep, at which point, he fell into a deep sleep too.

Author's note: Sorry I couldn't get this done quickly, I was busy all week. It's up now, so better late than never I guess? :) Also, I am on holiday all week starting tomorrow, so I probably won't be updating any stories during that time. I might be able to do some if the place I am staying at has free WiFi, but other than that, I won't be on Wattpad for all of next week :(