one

DAX HATTER

The Society was a place I once called home, but not anymore. As far as I am concerned, they could all rot in hell. My father had served his time as high council, and raised me amongst the other rescued cohorts. We grew together, trained together, and I learned of the others gifts. Upon my fathers passing, I should have been the next choice to replace his seat amongst the council. The day they made their choice on who would be taking my deserved seating, was the day I was delivered by first mission. The Society claimed it was just another mission that required my set of skills. "Enter the gates of Wunderland and find the Red Queen", they said, "she wants to speak with you personally before you receive your pay."  But they knew it would cost me my freedom. They knew.

Red used me as her pet, always sending me on her behalf to eliminate whatever she deemed to be a problem. Mostly, it was those who dare to question her reign. She always loved the different, and I, for one, fit that description perfectly. My gifted fae blood kept me human on the outside, but underneath, I was much more. I had finally become numb to any world outside of Wunderland. Years passed by serving Red, until I eventually found favor with the Queen. She had finally offered me a deal; convinced I was the only one to complete it.

I had waited patiently for this moment. For the first time in centuries, I was allowed to cross the boundaries of Wunderland into the human realm. I use the term allowed loosely; I didn't follow orders well, which is how I ended up enslaved to the Red Queen.

Yet, in this moment, I would come face to face with my freedom; freedom that would come at a cost for another's life. But what was one more life amongst the others I had taken? I knew this girl would be no different. In fact, I anticipated her arrival. I looked forward to seeing the face that held so much weight for me. A girl, causing such chaos upon being born, making Red so frantic for her death, that she offered the one thing I wanted most in this life: To be released of my service to the Red Court. 

My freedom

"Find the one named Alyce Hart, and bring me her head," was my only order before I crossed the boundary into this new realm.