Chap.10-Errands

At the great hall

Hiccups POV

After the talk with my father I went to the great hall to grab a drink before I leave to return to my mother and tell her about father.
"One cold one here Fishlegs" I asked.
"Here man, this ones on the house" Fishlegs says as he gives me my drink. Fishlegs is a actually a great beer brewer. He knows the right brew that balances the beer. He told me that when I left he had a thing for beer which lead to him making his own.
"Damn, this is some fine beer" I say as I drink
"Thanks man I appreciate the compliment" He answers as he gives me a smile.
This town has never been this lively I thought to my self. The dragons made people less scared, less cold, it made them nicer people. Never have I understood the real reason why but I guess if the enemy becomes your friend, why be cold and scared? As I finish my drink I stand up and put my hand on fishhleg's shoulder. "I'll get you those yeast you asked for" I said as I left he hall.
I walk towards toothless who was resting.
"Hey bud shall we go home so we can rest?" I ask in a weird accent.
Toothless nods as I sat on him and we flew away. The night was calm. The wind was chilly. The moon brightened up the place. I looked over the isle of Berk. What a beautiful place to look at from above. The changes to it were noticeable above as well. Stadium for dragon races. New mechanisms. The place was much more advanced than other villages I visited. I take one last glance then flew straight home.

At peace island

As we flew down, toothless immediately went to his rug then went to sleep. I lighted up candles then went to take a bath. I removed my light yet durable armour and my clothes.
I sat down on the tub then rested my head on its edge.

"Man what a day" I whisper to myself.
I took a deep breathe then looked at the stars. The bathroom had a roof that could be opened anytime. I wondered, was it fate that I got to meet my mother after all those years. Damn a lot had changed in past years.

"Damn I gotta visit mom tomorrow and the village of accatran. A village which is essentially the trading capital here. I close my eyes and stood up. I blew the fire on the lantern and went to bed soon after.

The following day

Man its so bright. Oh, forgot to close the curtains last night. The sun hasn't rose to its highest yet. I woke toothless up and gave him a basket of fish. We basically had a storage of fish which we used to trade goods and for our food. I cooked eggs for breakfast. After that I wore my light yet durable armour over my clothes. I took 2 of the teddy bears i knitted the other day. I then grabbed 5 large baskets of fish and put it under toothless for him to carry. Then we went to the village of accatran.

We were flying overhead as I gazed over the village. The island it was on was very large. Half of the island were full of merchant ships exporting and importing goods. We landed somewhere behind the city. I had a small wooden ship hidden near it's shore for me to ride to the village's docks.

I ordered toothless to stay at a nearby island inhabited by dragons for him hide, he was to return at nightfall so no one would see our descent. This was our normal routine. If any case toothless could not get into contact with me. I had a letter pre-written on one of his pouches to call for help. He would point the pouch it was on and it would be my distress signal. So far, I haven't used or needed it yet but I have told Astrid about it. I pulled the ships sails and put all the baskets on it. A large basket full of fish would cost around 5 gold normally which could get you a lot. 10 gold if supplies were limited and in need. 1 gold if there's too much supply.

I rode the ship around the island to the docks and arrived after a few minutes. There were as expected, a lot of people. It was the trading capital after all. I grabbed the 5 baskets by myself, yes I was capable of doing so. I found Valoick's fish shop, I was a regular trader here so I trusted him and he trusted me. Valoick was a tall bulky man. Probably from carrying heavy things a lot. Although he looks intimidating and scary. He is a good and humble man. He has a wife and 2 kids.