Sunday Norm

This morning started out just like any other, I was snuggled up in my bed reading Lord of the Rings for the 8th time in a row. It was a snowy Sunday morning, and everyone was planning on spending the day cozied around the fireplace. Of course, I'd spend the majority of my morning reading, as usual. The fantasy stories are just getting so predictable though... they introduce the main character, who we all know will be the hero in the end, and then they continue with the story, throwing in other sidekicks and other minimal obstacles until the final battle... where the hero's side always wins. Because what would be a good book without a great ending?

Nevertheless, I still can't get enough of those made up characters and worlds. It would be awesome if I could be in one, but I'd probably be much more likely to be apart of a realistic fiction book than one of those masterpieces. For some reason, in order for authors to make their realistic fiction books interesting, they must have the main character have something extremely horrible and difficult in their life. Consequently, I'd prefer to stay out of those, their version of reality is always a 1 in 100 type scenario.

Disturbing my thoughts, Mom came barging into my room, (without knocking) and looked around with a disgusted look on her face.

"What?" I asked, pretending there was nothing wrong with my messy room.

"Vivien, you need to pick all of your junk off this floor before I set foot back into this room... or else I'll tell Emily that you can't go to her party tomorrow." she scowled.

"But that's not fair!" I complained, giving her an annoyed look.

"No one ever said life was fair," she countered as I rolled my eyes as she continued. "Now hurry up or else I'll just call Emily's mom and tell her you made other plans." she then closed the door and walked out of my room.

Emily was my best friend, and supposedly, almost everyone from school was going to be there for her 16nth birthday party. I knew Emily would understand about my mom's unfairness, but this was still something I didn't want to miss. I reluctantly closed my book, setting it on my dresser. After slumping out of bed, I grabbed my lazy Sunday type outfit from the drawer, quickly throwing on my grey NASA sweatshirt and some sweatpants. With a groan, I began to clean my room, collecting the dirty socks from under my bed and throwing them into the hamper. I knew today would consist of the following: cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.