A Confusing Welcome

"Hello!?" I called, hoping there would be someone out there to answer all my questions.

"Hello?" I called again, looking to the horizon for any sign of movement. I sat down, putting my head between my knees in confusion. A million questions were flooding through my head. Where am I? How did I get here? Why didn't I just say no to helping the strange whisper? Will anyone ever come for me? Could I survive out here on my own? Was I in a fantasy story? No, I couldn't be... the main character wouldn't have been sucked into the adventure so fast... unless my entire life was leading up to this point? I looked up and finally saw them, three figures appeared, right where the land meets the sky.

As they came closer, I could make out their features. In the middle was a tall, slender woman with long flowing brown hair. She rode upon... a  zebra? That was odd, I'd only ever seen someone ride a zebra in the zoo. On her left flank was a ginormous Eagle flying high in the sky, with a tall guy sitting on its back. Goodness, I guess nothing should surprise me now. However, what surprised me the most was what was riding along the woman's right side... a centaur. No joke, a half man- half horse guy galloping right next to her! My mouth hung open in astonishment, there was no way this wasn't a dream.

The woman stopped a few feet in front of me, cueing the others to halt as well. The boy and eagle swooped down from the sky, landing softly on the ground. The Eagle-Rider looked to be a 17-year-old boy with dirty blond hair and freckles. He wore a black T-shirt that hugged the muscles along his torso with a brown leather jacket over it. The woman in front who appeared to be the leader wore a silk white and green dress with yellow flowers along the seems. I looked down at my NASA sweatshirt sheepishly, wishing I'd chosen something else to wear. I jerked my head up as I realized the woman was talking to me.

"Greetings child, we have waited for you a long time." I noticed her voice was the same one that was whispering in my room.

"W-where am I?" I asked in a barely audible whisper.

"Welcome to Narnia," she replied, opening up her arms in a welcoming gesture.

My mouth hung open in shock. Was I really in Narnia? There was a centaur... so all we needed was a fawn and everything would... Then all three of them started laughing as if sharing an inside joke.

"What?" I asked, my face scrunched up in confusion.

"You're not really in Narnia my child, I was just teasing you. Narnia is just a made up land from a book series." the woman giggled.

"Then... where am I? For real this time."

"Alledonia, the land of the magical." she responded, "My name is Sabrina, and my job to make you feel safe and welcome here," she said as she dismounted from her Zebra. 

"You said you have been waiting for me for a long time... why me?" I asked, trying to keep it to one question at a time.

"Why you?" Sabrina laughed, then continued,"Well, of course we've been waiting for you Child! You are the chosen one..."