Everything Goes Dark

It was 5:30 by the time I finished cleaning my room. I followed my nose to Mom's cooking downstairs, but something seemed off... for a reason I had no clue why. Dad was out working late, so it was just Mom and me tonight.

"Oh! Well, I see the pig has finally finished cleaning her room!" Mom said as she served our dinner. 

"Mhmm..." I mumbled, looking down at my plate. She had prepared my favorite meal, tacos with rice. Normally, I would dig in right away but for some reason, I didn't feel like eating. I watched my fork draw designs in my food.

"Vivien? Vivien... hello?" I looked up as I realized Mom was talking to me.

"What?"

"Would you stop playing with your food and look at me? I've been trying to get your attention for two minutes!"

"Oh... sorry," I mumbled. It was weird, I hadn't even heard Mom talking.

"Is something wrong with your dinner sunshine? You haven't touched it the entire time we've been sitting here..." she looked at me with a concerned expression.

"Everything's great, thanks, Mom." I picked up my taco and took a bite, quickly swallowing to get it over with.

"Are you sure you're okay? I feel as if you're in a different world..."

"Mom! I promise I'm fine!"

"Then why do I keep having the feeling I'm going to lose you all of a sudden!?" she yelled. I honestly had no clue what she was talking about, so what if I wasn't eating my dinner? It wasn't that uncommon of me...

"I don't know what you're talking about! There's still 2 years until I go to college!" I shouted back.

"Well, maybe you need to leave sooner! I'm sick of all this... you've been acting funny all week, and yes, I've noticed! You're hiding something from me, and I need to know what it is! Now!" she screamed, I had never seen her act like this before.

"I'm not hiding anything..." I tried to restrain myself from yelling.

"Ugh, I'm so sick of your attitude!"

That was when I erupted. "Fine! Maybe I'll just leave right now!"

"Please do!" 

That pushed my last button, I stormed up the stairs. Hiding something? Me? I've never hidden anything from her before...

I angrily opened my door, and suddenly my anger subsided and it was replaced with shock, then fear and excitement. Inside my room... there was nothing but blackness. My room started to spin, and I stepped inside.