The Whispering Begins

The darkness not only consumed my room but me as well, it felt as if it were alive. I couldn't tell if I was still spinning or if it was just my imagination. I knew this wasn't a dream, but my brain still couldn't make any sense of it. Suddenly, a strange whisper filled the air.

"Will you help us, Vivien?" it said. I whipped around, trying to find the source of the voice, but all I could see was darkness. It repeated itself, louder this time.

"Will you help us?"

Then the questions came flooding out of my mouth. "Where are you? Who are you? Why do you need me? How do I know this is real?" She didn't answer any of my questions, just repeated the same thing as before.

"Will you help us, Vivien?"

I hesitated before answering.

"Y-yes" I replied, feeling nervous and excited. Was this even possible?

"Then join us," the lovely but harsh voice replied.

"How?" I asked, completely clueless and in the dark about the entire situation.

"Step into the light, Vivien.." it was weird when she said my name like it was no longer just the name my parents gave me, as if it were magical. There in front of me opened up a small bright rectangle, it felt as if it had this gravitational pull, like it was drawing me in. I walked towards it, the opening becoming larger and larger until... I was standing in a beautiful meadow. I whipped around to see if the black tunnel was still there, but there was nothing. Just miles and miles of wildflowers. I wished I had told my mother I loved her because from that point on, I knew there was no going back.