Chapter 1.

Here he was staring across the bullpen, at an empty chair having jokes thrown at him by the Senior Field Agent, although he wasn't listening to any of it. His thoughts were interrupted by Gibbs coming down the stairs from MTAC, giving his most famous order "Gear up, dead marine". Just then a bubbly little boy came tumbling through the bullpen, his mother not far behind.

"Aaron Jethro slow down you will -" but it was too late the little boy had already fallen and hit his head on the side of his mother's desk. Though the young boy did not seem fazed by the fall at all, and ran straight into his father's arms shouting "Daddy".

At this Gibbs repeated his earlier order- this time a little louder- as if to actually get his agents attention "Gear up!, Dead marine!". When Aaron heard this he shot to his feet and started to grab his NCIS hat and coat, Aaron was very intimidated by the man whom he called 'Ganpa Gib'- something he obviously inherited off his father.

Just as Tim was about to tell his son to stand down, his fiancée interrupted him with "Aaron motek you can't go with them today, why don't you stay here eh?". So he climbed into his father's chair and made himself comfortable whilst giving a chorus of goodbyes to his grandfather, uncle and father.

Ziva had not been feeling well and being sick for a couple of days so Gibbs wouldn't let her into the field.

Whilst she was completing her paperwork she found herself taking glances at her lover's desk at the child- who was currently asleep.

She thought to herself that within four years she had gotten herself a loving fiancée and a beautiful baby boy.

As Gibbs' boys returned from the trip to Quantico, the DC marine base, Tim stepped out of the elevator and stopped in front of his lover's desk- Ziva had fallen asleep whilst trying to complete the paperwork. He decided to give her a quick kiss on the head to wake her up before Gibbs came back from his coffee run. Although, Ziva being brought up the way she was, as soon as Tim's lips touched Ziva's, she reflexed and hit Tim in the face. Tim just walked over to his desk where he found his son asleep in his chair, head on the desk. He picked the boy up and cradled him in his lap for a moment.

Ziva then woke up and realised she'd just hit her fiancée as she was pre-awoken. "Tim I'm so sorry", but Gibbs interrupted them

"Don't say your sorry its a sign of weakness",

"sorry Boss". Tim walked up to Ziva with Aaron in his arms, "hey don't worry about it, I've had worse done to me!" this was said with a small smirk.

Ziva looked up to McGee "stop smirking it isn't funny", she said with tears visibly forming in her eyes.

"Whatcha got?" Gibbs said interrupting his two agents before thy could get to anything personal. Tony being... Tony, shot to his feet ready to outbeat his co-workers "checked the guys wife, Boss, seems heart-broken, like really heart-broken, I bet she did it".

"Tony, you cannot go around accusing his wife, why do you think the wife did it?"

"Ziva it's always the wife"

then Tim spoke "everytime we have a dead male it's always the wife, you accuse Tony give it a rest, for Christs sake".

"JUST KEEP LOOKING" Gibbs voice boomed through the bullpen as he made his way to autopsy.

By 8pm the team still hadn't found anything valuable to the case, the whole team was tired and Aaron was yet to fall asleep and currently lay in his Grandad's lap looking at Tim's phone.

Gibbs was just about to let his team go home when Abby burst into the bullpen with Ducky and Palmer on her heels, "Gibbs! Gibbs! I got something"

"Well Abs, we supposed to guess?". Ducky then decided to step in

"The piece of cloth we found with our victim matches to another marine uniform Jethro, also the fingerprints on our victim matched up to Lieutenant Jason Langford, just got back from deployment in Afghanistan".

"Well alright but we can't do anything now. Go home and get some rest, i'll see you guys tomorrow".

Tony gathered his stuff and headed out with Abby. Director Shepherd then joined Gibbs in the bullpen and then went home together, then finally followed by the Mossad agent and the computer geek with their now very droopy eyed son.

Jenny and Gibbs were the first to get together and that was when Rule 12 was broken, Jen and Gibbs were getting married in the autumn and Tony and Abby were getting married in the summer. Tim and Ziva were in no rush to get married, as long as they were together they were great.

They made their way to the car with the sleepy little boy in their arms.

When they got into the apartment they shared together, they decided to wait until the morning to give Aaron a bath rather than wake him up. Tim got him changed and put him in bed.

Tim then made his way into his and Ziva's bedroom where he found her already curled up, nearly asleep. McGee quickly got undressed and slipped in beside her, he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and whispered in her ear

"Goodnight Ziva" and Tim then went to sleep.

'Motek' means 'Sweetheart' in Hebrew as far as a know, don't shoot me if I'm wrong :) xx