Chapter 8.

Tim sat on the sofa in the living room with tears in his eyes, he just had a call from the hospital letting him know that Sarah had died that morning. It was exactly a month since Tim and Ziva had gotten married and Sarah had been deteriorating ever since the wedding.

The admiral had been over and he and Tim had started to discuss plans for the funeral.

"I think it should be simple, Tim. That way she'd like it" came the voice of John McGee.

"I want everything done according to the list, dad. That's how she wanted it, otherwise she wouldn't have given me the list".

Tim slowly pulled the piece of paper out of his pocket an started to read it out loud to his father.

"Tim, if you're reading this, the battle has been fought, but cancer has gained another victim, that would be me. Please may I have my ashes scattered. Tim, you still haven't had a honeymoon, so go on one. Go somewhere nice because I'm coming with you. I've always wanted to go somewhere exotic. For my service please could you play 'My Heart Will Go On' by Celine Dion. I want Tim and dad to talk about me. Please read the message on the side, Tim, I want you to sing to everyone to entertain them, the song is your choice. Love Sarah xxx"

It was now the day of Sarah's funeral and everything had been done by the list and Tim even agreed to sing.

"I hear her brother and father have some words to express". John went first

"Sarah, she was my only daughter and I loved her a lot, she and her brother, they're so alike, always getting into trouble. S..She was d..due to grad..graduate MIT this year- just like Tim d..did", by now both men were crying as well as most of their guests.

It was now Tim's turn, "Sarah requested I talk, so I will. She was the best sister ever and I was her big brother. She helped my overcome a stammer- which was a big issue in my life. She helped me find comfort and fussed over me when I nearly died. I..I would have loved for her to stay and see my baby b..boy grow up". He slowly wiped tears from his eyes and then continued "Sarah also said I will song for you, but i'll save that for later. Sarah wanted me to read this to you it says "Thanks for coming, I love you" and that's it".

The reception was now in full swing and Tim was getting ready to sing, suddenly the music came on and Tim started to sing perfectly

"When the tears fall away. And there's no conversation. There's nothing left to break. That's not already broken. Your staring into space. And every inch of silence. Been standing here for days, and days. Said it all. Nothing to say at all. Nothing to say that matters. Haven't we said it all?".

Everyone was drinking apart from Tim and Ziva, they didn't want Aaron to be scared of them, and it didn't seem right to drink. Tim pulled his wife to one side and said "Sarah wants to be scattered where we go on our honeymoon, so I was thinking maybe we could go soon and get it over with. Somewhere warm?"

Ziva said nothing, she just pulled him into her and nodded her head, Tim quietly started to sob so Ziva just hugged him more and let him cry it out.

When Tim stopped sobbing, he looked Ziva in the eye and they both agreed they would go to St. Lucia for the honeymoon.

"St. Lucia is an island country in the Caribbean in which tourism is vital to their country" Tim said to his wife. That's where they were going, it was going to be amazing.

A/N: WELCOME NEW READERS @amberjadecatherine AND @laura3219367

- Lyrics go to Gary Barlow frontman of British boyband, Take That

- I don't own NCIS.

Thanks for reading, Zoe