Chapter 6.

It was now the day Sarah was due to fly back out to Texas. John McGee had gone back to work and she still hadn't told Tim about her problem.

Sarah walked into the bullpen and straight away spotted her brother quietly working at his desk. She walked towards Gibbs and Aaron was the first to notice her. "Darah" the little boy said pointing to her, Gibbs took his glasses off and looked at Sarah. She silently pointed to Tim and Gibbs gave her a nod of approval.

She led Tim towards the back of the bullpen, where they had some privacy. The petite woman took a deep breath and started to talk "Tim, I'm so sorry. I have a brain tumour, it's terminal". She looked up to find Tim stood there with tears running down his face and after a moments silence he asked "how long have you got left?", although he knew he didn't want to know the answer. All he heard after that was the two words he probably didn't want to- 2 months and then everything went black.

Hours later Tim woke up on the cold, metal tables of autopsy with Ducky and Gibbs leaning over him. "What happened there Tim?" He heard Gibbs say, and then Ducky added "you gave us quite a scare there young Timothy". Tim once again felt light-headed after thinking about Sarah so he got up of the cold metal and mumbled something about painkillers in his drawer.

As he walked into the bullpen everything seemed normal, Gibbs had somehow got up here before him and was sat at his desk cradling Aaron whilst he went to sleep. Tony was throwing paper balls across the bullpen towards Ziva, and Ziva was ignoring him an threatened to kill him. The only thing that was out of place was Sarah asleep at his desk. She sensed Tim was there as he quietly searched in his drawers for some paracetamol. She mumbled for Tim so he finally said what he felt.

"Sarah, look I already knew, dad told me and that's why we made up because he doesn't want to lose both of us. But you aren't going back to Texas, only to be alone, you can stay with us, can't she Zi?"

"Of course she can" Ziva replied not having a clue what he was going on about.

Then Tim continued "I am going to spend the next two months doing whatever you want to do, I want you to understand I don't want to lose you Sarah".

She thought about this for a moment and then said "Tim, I don't want to do anything, the tumour shuts down my brain and all I want to do is sleep. But I do want one thing done for me".

"And that is?" Came the gentle voice of Ziva David.

Sarah took a deep breath and finally said "I want the two of you to get married before I go, I want to see it"

"Sweet Probie, we can have a double wedding". Gibbs glared back at Tony and he shut straight up.

Ziva and Tim looked at each other and nodded before Tim said "looks as if we need some plans sorting out".

It was February now so Sarah was going to leave in April. The first thing Tim did was ask Tony to be his best man and Ziva asked Jenny and Abby to be her bridesmaids. They both decided that Aaron wouldn't be directly involved in the wedding and sit on the admiral's knee or a chair.

Ziva and Jenny decided they would go dress shopping in the morning, and it was Saturday and the team wasn't on call. Tim said he would phone and see if he can get a date suiting to when Sarah could come, and the reception would be held at the apartment as only family was attending anyway.

The next morning was hectic for everyone, Jenny came for Ziva at 10:30 am and Aaron insisted he was going with his mother but after throwing a tantrum he ended up at Gibbs' house with his father. Gibbs and Tim had been on the phone for about an hour now trying to get a decent date before Sarah's departure.

Finally, they settled on the 17th March and was getting married at the registry office over the road from NCIS.

Jenny and Ziva had put the dress in Gibbs' house because that is where she is staying the night before and getting ready. Now Tim was on the Internet with Tony and Gibbs leaning over his shoulder, searching for suits to wear at the wedding. He finally found the perfect one after a couple hours of searching, it was plain black with a red tie and a red rose to put in the pocket, which him and Tony will wear.

Ziva's dress was a white silk with short sleeves and it went down to her feet, complete with white ballerina pumps as she doesn't like to wear high heels.

Now that they had planned the wedding, Tim asked Sarah if she wanted to do anything else which she told him that if he thinks she is jumping out of a plane, he can forget it. Gibbs then mentioned about raising money for the American Association for Brain Tumours Research (AABTR), so everyone decided they would run 10 miles to raise money and Jenny organised it so everyone who was able in NCIS would run.

The run was very successful, Tobias Fornell had been informed by Gibbs about the run and he got the FBI to join them as well. The total amount raised was $1.7 million and it was given to help others with brain tumours and help put a stop to it.

A/N: Just so you know the American Association for Brain Tumour Research is completely made up to me. If there is one, I am not aware of its presence.

The next chapter will be the wedding, so time will be skipping a bit- just so you are aware. Once Sarah has gone everything will probably turn back to normal.

Don't forget to vote and comment, I love it when you do that. I might be updating tomorrow but if I don't it will be the day after.

Zoe :-) x