Chapter 3.

The next day was like a whirlwind to Tim. When he got to work Aaron was immediately taken up to daycare so the risk of him being seen by the admiral was reduced, and he and Ziva was separated for the day making it impossible to grab the sneaky kisses the couple usually shared.

The admiral came into the bullpen at 9:25 to see if Gibbs' team- excluding Tim, had come up with anything. McGee was the first to share the information he had found but he was shushed by the admiral; with a telling that Tim was the last person he wanted to hear from.

If it was even possible, Tim wanted to sink lower into his chair but he stayed sat up straight wanting to prove to his father, that he would not be hurt by words.

When the words came out of the admiral's mouth, Gibbs suddenly became very angry- how dare he treat his own son like that. Gibbs was starting to think he was a better father to Tim than he was and it was quickly proving to be right.

Later during the day, the admiral came up to Gibbs and requested that Tim wouldn't work this case. An argument quickly escalated between the two, until the director came down to see what all the noise was about. As she came into the bullpen the sight she saw was horrific, Gibbs was bleeding in several places including his lip, cheek and eye. The admiral wasn't any better- although he was in perfect condition, it looked like he had done more damage to Gibbs.

The admiral threatened to sue NCIS if Tim wasn't taken off the case, so Jenny had no choice, she told Gibbs to go and tell Tim that he would need to go home until the case was solved. Tim took the news as anyone would expect, a bit of him was angry that his father had gotten his own way and had him taken off the case and other part of him was happy that he was taken off the case because now he could spend some father and son bonding time with Aaron, without work getting in the way.

Tim was lying with his head on the desk, whilst everyone else was out trying to solve the case. Flashbacks came to Tim's head, yet he'd never had these memories come back for years ...

He and his sister, Sarah had a pretty normal childhood, both parents still with each other and they were happily married, so Tim thought. On his 4th birthday, his father and mother started to have an argument, Tim never found out what it was about. His mother was a lovely lady, although Tim never knew her name. He and Sarah was having an amazing time in the back garden playing with Tim's new football when the pair heard shouting. Tim went inside to see what the shouting was about and to grab his drink, and that very moment changed Tim's life forever.

He saw his father pick up Sarah's dance trophy and swing it around until it hit his mother in the temple. Then his father saw him and Tim ran- to this day Tim still thinks that's why the admiral won't have anything to do with him, because he witnessed his father committing murder, on his own wife.

Just then Gibbs came back with Tony and Ziva following suit- rubbing their heads after being hit by his hand. About 5 minutes later, Admiral McGee entered the bullpen and gave his deadliest state over at Tim before saying,

"What are you even doing here- get out of my sight NOW".

Then the next thing to be heard was Aaron running through the bullpen shouting his now famous catchphrase "Daddy". Tim and Ziva shared the same look of pure fear before Tim turned the little boy in front of him and engulfing him into the biggest bear hug ever.

Then came the hollowing of John McGee

"What in God's name are you doing, you idiot, let go of that child now. You can't go round hugging people's kids"

Tim didn't know where his sudden burst of anger came from but he placed Aaron on his chair and stood face to face with his father before shouting at him,

"That is my son", pointing at Aaron, "his name is Aaron, not that you'd care anyway, you have never cared about me and I'm not prepared to let you ruin my sons life either. Stay away from him".

The admiral looked at Tim with total shock and was about to say something back to him when Tim started to speak again cutting him off,

"Also whilst we are sharing- whatever this is, I am getting married sometime within the next 2 years, don't bother showing, your not invited!".

And with that Tim picked up Aaron, kissed Ziva on the cheek and went home.

Gibbs then took the admiral to the conference room to talk to him instead of making another scene in the bullpen,

"Why can't you treat Tim with some respect, he is one the damn best agents I have and he's come a hell of a long way since he joined here".

"I don't care, I don't have a son, I only have a daughter and her name is Sarah, but I am going to try and make an effort with him, i've always wanted a grandchild and Sarah can't have kids so..."

But Ziva was listening to the conversation going on between her boss and her fiancée's father.

"No, you will come no where near my son or Tim, you will not just come back into his life because you want a grandchild. You should have thought about that before you treated him like crap all his life".

That night, Ziva went home and found Aaron already bathed and in bed and Tim was sat on the couch playing one of his computer games- which he only did now when he was stressed or upset. He and Ziva had some tea which was ordered from the local Chinese, and then they both went to bed. At around 22:55 a knock sound on their front door of the apartment an Tim went to answer it before the person knocked again, and woke Aaron up. But the person he was faced with made him want to be sick after today, he was not ready for this conversation at all....