Bruce X Male!Reader (Fluff)

867 words! Told you I'd slowly increase my amount, it's just some light fluff, I really hope you enjoy it!
—————————————————
This was your sixth month working as Dr. Banner's assistant, six months of exciting research. He checked your notes, got your work published. He would watch you work, you where younger only just reaching your twenties.

"Good morning Dr. Banner..." you groaned sitting at your desk, "good morning Y/N. Bad night?" Questioning gently, "not really Mr. Banner, just struggled again.." laughing slight "again, Bruce..." he sat at his desk next to you and smiled as he began to read his latest report, scrubbing on the page in pencil and muttering to himself under his breath.

You typed up reports, did the corrections he wanted, got coffee and make sure his stress levels stayed down. Around lunch he stood up, "Y/N, would you like to join me for lunch?" A blush rose to your cheeks, "erm, yeah okay..." you where about to eat lunch with doctor Bruce Banner!

He took you to a small cafe, nice and quiet, they gave him a table at the back of the restaurant, they must have known who he was. Slipping into the chair opposite him, you where given a menu. He was just staring and smiling. "What you thinking?" He was always so calm, "maybe just coffee, I don't have a lot of money on me..." glancing down the top drinks. "I'm paying, you can get what you want..." a deeper blush covered your cheeks, "oh thank you..." now you looked down the food, they did; jacket potato's, pasta dishes, sandwiches and wraps.

Finally deciding and ordering a jacket potato and beans you began to day dream, you have so much work. You'll have to stay late to complete it. That will be a massive drag, you can't go to the club with your friends. Oh well, just text them and tell them the truth. Stress had been building up, you wanted a quick hook up, maybe a tall dark dominant.

His voice broke you out the day dream, "y/n, are you okay?" Smiling and nodding "of course..." the waitress brought you food, she place a coffee down in front of Bruce. "Is that a good idea?" You commented, it just came out. Thanking the waitress, Bruce smiled. "It's de-caffeinated..." you nodded settling your thoughts, "don't worry, I'm sticking to your diet plan..." he has a sandwich and salad in front of him. That brought a blush to your cheek, you never expected him to actually stick to what you said.

You had been playing with you food, the coffee was more interesting to you now. "Are you alright?" His voice caught your attention again, you huff and nod, you can vent to him right? He always vents to you about Tony and the other avengers. "I've been really stressed out, I wanted to go to the club tonight, maybe hook up, relieve some stress...I've just got too much work..."

Bruce's frown was hid by his coffee cup, "you were hopping to meet a nice young lady?" Maybe you shouldn't have laughter, it wasn't your fault; it sort of just came out. "Young lady?" You questioned "I'm gay..." that's when Bruce's cheeks erupted bright red. "My apologies..." but Bruce stared a little longer, "you can go tonight, I'm sure I can do some work..." once again you laughed "I'm a chemist, you're a biologist..." Bruce nods "I'm sure I'll find you some stress relief..." he often brought cake or a chemical compound for you to name.

Your meal was quiet and happy, the silence was nice. Normally you had Tony bursting into the lab screaming about something exploding or someone stealing Bruce. Now was nice, the only time he left was to go to toilet, a lovely change. Finally back at work you began to work through the rest of the papers, scribbling notes and altering formulas. "Bruce, can you see my large black note book? Leather bound, big red bookmark, pen in the loop..." you stood up, wondering around, "no I haven't seen it..." he said, he glanced around his desk, you did find it, Tony was using it as a place mat.

You did stay into that night, it was gonna be an all night, it was always an all-nighter when Tony didn't pull his weight. Maybe at half eleven Bruce walked in, he was in PJ's. "Y/N?" Glancing at you sat at your desk. "You're still here?!" Nodding, you'd tried to catch some sleep, but no, you couldn't. The bags where made worse by stress, maybe four cups of coffee where in your system. "Stressed?" All you could do was nod, your chair was turned around, Bruce was sat on the floor, he looked up at you smiling. "Come into the living room, I'll get you coffee, we have cake..." shaking your head "I can't I've got three reports that need sorting.." sighing Bruce knelt up, his lips touching your "come on, don't make me ask you out in here..." you stared, you're stomach was twisting in giddy excitement. But his was wrenching in fear, "yes, I'll date you..." grabbing his hands trying to contain yourself. Finally the frown painted in Bruce's face melted into a smile, he'd actually done it.