Depressed Reader X Tony Stark (fluff)

Words: 709
Warning: references to self harm, angst, fluff, love, overprotective Tony.
Summary: Tony discovers the depression and anxiety you've been hiding from him.
————————————————
"Y/N! I'm back from saving the world!" You where in bed, you haven't eaten, you never ate unless Tony was sat with you. His feet would touch yours, smirking saying you blush to much, or that you're just too sweet to him. You could do better, you always could do better, yet Tony said you did just enough.

"Y/N..." he called, you have to get up, come on, smile, you always do it when he's around. It's not that bad...he opened the door, frowning his brows. The cut above his eyebrow and bruise on his cheek worried you, "are you okay?" Looking at his injuries, "I'm worried about you....are you ill? Do you need a doctor?" Snuggling into the bed, "I've been ill for a while..." you muttered as he sat with you. He picked up his Starkpad, the called out "JARVIS, get Bruce in here...." Tony always did this when you where ill, poor Bruce dragged himself from his lap across and down most the building. It took him twenty minutes, "what's wrong?" Instantly his eyes landed on you, Tony had been threating, "she's unwell, I don't think she has a temperature, she's vomited I can smell it in the bathroom..." you didn't want a fuss, you hated fussing.

Bruce was checking you out, normally you'd be giddy. Bruce was a very attractive 'young' man, it always made Tony mad jealous, not today, you sat silently as he checked pulse, examined eyes and mouth, even checked your ears. Bruce finally stopped, "Can I hold your arm please?" When you cringed he nodded, "I thought so..." Tony had done nothing but pace up and down, "thought what? Is she ill? Does she need medication? I can get her the best in the field...." Bruce's eyes didn't leave yours, "I would take her to a doctor, but you need to do it on her terms, she's depressed Tony, anxiety as well probably..." gently rubbing your shoulder, then walking out, you felt a weight been removed, someone had actually said it, you were ill, you weren't insane.

Tony stares at you for a while, maybe he'd dump you, scream at you, tell you to get out of bed. His eyes where staring into yours, "I love you...." his voice shuck, his lip was been chewed nervous, "if it's because I go off on missions I can stop it, I don't have to go, I can stay with you..." he'd come to your side and held your hand, kissing your knuckles as if he was going to lose you. "I can buy you anything you want, please..." no words would leave your mouth, you wanted to tell him it's okay, you love him; they wouldn't come out.

He'd crawled on the bed, kissing your forehead, then your cheeks and nose, then your hands. Holding them to his face then letting them run through his hair like water. "I love you..." your voice was finally released. The tears that left your eyes where the same as Tony's, he whimpered and kissed your hands again. "I'll do anything..." he kissed your head, "marry me..." you requested suddenly. He nods gripping you excited "yeah of course, I wanted to propose to you, but yeah, let's get married..."

The sound of who you suspect is Clint and Natasha go past, "should we see if they want to join us?" Natasha's voice said, Clint responded. "If we make Y/N come out again I think she'll keel over and die..." they left again, everyone had noticed except Tony. He could barely handle himself, let alone notice other people, "Tony?" Your voice broke, he nods looking at you, "yes..." he was waiting on your every command. "You know what I fancy?" He sat closer "what?" He is a giddy smile, "some Tony love..." with that you where engulfed in his arms.

Things didn't get better straight away, this got worse, Tony nearly killed Thor at least twice when he tried to take you outside the tower. But soon, across months, Tony had learnt your signs, your secret messages. Slowly you healed.