Chapter Four ~ Never Have I Ever

Before dinner, Sally and Dumbledore were arguing about the safety of Hogwarts when Hermione walked in, as requested.

"Ah, Miss Granger. Sally, I would like for you to meet Hermione Granger. Hermione, this is Sally Jackson. She's Percy's mother." It didn't take much for Hermione to gather that the boy in the hallway was Percy. "If you wouldn't mind, would you tell Mrs Jackson here about the schools magical boarders?"

Confusion flashed across her features before she jumped right in. "Well, the magical boarders at Hogwarts keep out both muggles and the mythical creatures. There are few creatures who live in the Forbidden Forest, but those are mostly creatures such as Centaurs. They're really, very friendly." She was on a roll. "They prohibit anything from reaching the school grounds-"

"What about people? Is there not more modes of transport other than walking?" Sally interrupted. These were wizards. Not demigods.

"The boarders keep out anybody. Nobody can apparate in or out of Hogwarts other than Dumbledore himself." Hermione informed, happy to be of use. She continued. "The Hogwarts library has extensive knowledge. I spend a fair bit of time there myself. Every class is very safe, and quite informative. We have extra electives and sports too. Such as Quidditch. We play it sometimes during Madame Mooch's class as well." In Hermione's pause for breath Sally butted in again.

"My son will play no such thing!" Him and the sky didn't exactly end up with the best outcome. Dumbledore raised an eyebrow at her sudden outburst. "H-he and the sky do not have the best outcome." She said.

"Oh?"

"No. Just, no." No one said anything. Then Mrs Weasley gave the call for dinner.

"Your son is in very capable hands. You can trust us with him." Dumbledore laid a caring hand on his former pupil's shoulder.

"He better be."

~~~~

"What was all that screaming?" Harry asked. The six children had come downstairs upon hearing it.

"That, Harry, was my wretched mother." Sirius informed him grumpily.

A bolt of surprise shot through him. "Your-"

"Yes. This house belongs to me. It was my parents, but now they're gone and it was left to me. I've offered it to Dumbledore as headquarters for the Oder of the Phoenix."

"But the portrait... was screaming... is that a normal thing around here?" The new boy asked nervously. Clearly he'd gotten quite a fright from Mrs. Black.

"If anyone makes too much noise. Yes." Sirius looked irritated that the boy had spoken before sighing. "We've been trying to get her down for a month but we think she put a Permanent Sticking Charm on the back of the canvas."

"Oh." was all Harry could think to say right now.

Many people had cleared off after dinner and now they had time to talk without being stared at by people he had no idea of.

There were still a few Harry wasn't sure of. Such as Tonks, who enjoyed changing her nose and entertaining Hermione and Ginny. Clearly it was a common occurrence for both girls were requesting there favourite noses. Harry felt a pang of jealousy at the thought.

They'd been here this whole time, having the time of their lives, while he was stuck with the Dursley's all summer. He felt a bitter emotion clouding his judgement and Harry had the sudden childish urge to ignore his friends. But before he could think on it any longer, the boy from before tapped his shoulder. The boy opened his mouth to speak.

"NO JUST CARRY THEM!"

Harry jolted, looking wide-eyed. It took him a moment to realise that it was Mrs, Weasley yelling, and not the boy, who looked just as alarmed as Harry felt.

Percy reacted first, gripping Harry by the collar and pulling him away from the table behind him, dodging a flagon of Butterbeer.

Kitchen tools and food were flying from one end of the room to the other, where the two red headed twins stood sheepishly, one thin wooden stick in each brother's hand.

"FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! THERE WAS NO NEED!" Mrs Weasley raged. "JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN USE MAGIC NOW, DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO USE IT FOR EVERY TINY THING!"

The boy who's name Percy had yet to learn, and Sirius were cracking up besides him, which with a raging woman in the kitchen, he did not think was a very wise thing to do.

"What on Earth is going on in here?" His mother demanded, looking around the chaotic kitchen.

Percy wasn't sure he was ever going to make it to Hogwarts at this rate.

~~~~

In my Japanese speech I wrote a typo that I just want to share because I thought it was amazing.

I was trying to say "I go to school". Instead I said "I am the school".

...

Oops.

And I fixed up my miscount of the Weasley children.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama