Chapter Thirty-One ~ Percy Who?

Three silhouettes lay in the dry grass of broad daylight. Wind frequently whipped their hair into their faces and the three had to frustratedly brush it back. Before them looked a castle raised from stone. They were on the boarder of a dark forest, which the young witch was adamant they shouldn't venture too far into.

"So... how do we get in? Do we knock on the front door?" Will muttered, watching the ant-sized students moving between platforms. They all seemed to be streaming more or less in the same direction.

"No," Isa rebutted. "They'd never let us in. Maybe I should summon an owl? That way I can send my brother a message to come out and meet us. It might be a while though. They get mail at breakfast typically." The blonde witch recalled the stories her brother had used to tell. Of hundreds of messenger owls soaring through the great hall, morning sun streaming through their feathers.

Annabeth shook her head. "We can't stay out here for too long least somebody detect us. We need another method."

Will shrugged. "I'm open to suggestions."

"Let's loop around on the border and see where all those kids are heading. They're in mufty so maybe we can blend in," suggested Annabeth.

Her two companions nodded their approval and they stood up, brushing the dirt off their dusty clothes.

Annabeth had only gotten the chance to take a mere few steps forward when a small black bundle dropped to the ground in front of her, fallen from the trees. The demigod started, instantly on guard, hand reaching for the bag that contained her weapon.

"Meow." The bundle of black opened its two eyes and stared up at her.

Annabeth lowered her hand. She squinted at the cat. "...Nightshade?"

During their weekly calls, Annabeth had met the young cat a few times, always at Percy's side. As a further form of identification, a scruffy handmade collar hung around the kitten's neck. Stitched into the blue fabric was the name 'Nightshade'.

Annabeth knelt and scratcher under the kitten's chin. "Hey girl, where's Percy?"

Nightshade mewled and dashed a few meters away before sitting tentatively and staring at the trio.

"Nightshade?" Will asked.

Annabeth turned to explain. "Percy bought a cat while he was over here. Her name's Nightshade." She clicked her tongue, "Nightshade, whatcha doing, girl?"

Nightshade meowed again, shifting forwards a couple steps.

Isa's eyes brightened. "Maybe she wants us to follow her? Pets tend to follow their master. She could get us into Hogwarts!"

And with that the three moved after Nightshade who prowled all in front of them, leading the way.

They walked for a long while, ducking and weaving through the trees in a roundabout route. But finally, they arrived at their destination.

Well, what they thought was their destination because in reality, the trio had not a clue where they were going, putting their faith in a bright-eyed cat.

They emerged on the borderline of a village. People bustled about through the streets, wrapped in oddsorts of clothes of an older style.

"Percy's...here?" Annabeth questioned, although as anticipated, received no answer. "He didn't get kicked out, did he?"

Peering across the rickety village filled with bright faced students and noisy elders, Annabeth searched for a familiar pair of sea green eyes and unruly mop of dark hair.