TWELVE

November 3rd, 2015 Tuesday

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

November 3rd, 2015 Tuesday. 6:35pm.
• • •

The aroma of spaghetti greeted me as I rounded the corner into my kitchen. Clark stirred the bubbly liquid and glanced over his shoulder at me.

"You didn't want garlic bread, right?"

"No," I answered plopping down on the couch.

"Good, I didn't buy any,"

"You didn't have to make me dinner or buy dinner last night. I know how to cook," I teased him from my seat as I flipped through channels.

The switches were quick and I was growing impatient with how many channels I had already went through. There seemed to be nothing good on today. The news was still blasting Superman and the media was gearing up for the hearing coverage that they hoped would happen soon. I had hoped that with me being thrown into the limelight it would take some of the attention off him, but it hadn't.

Somehow, it had intensified, and they were now questioning how I felt about being with one of the most controversial men on the planet.

Clark's lips against my shoulder caused my worrying to stop, and I placed a hand in his curls, my fingers scratching lightly at his scalp. His strong arms wrapped around my upper body and his lips kissed slowly along my clavicle.

"If you keep this up, the dinner will get cold, and it'll all be a waste," I spoke smiling into his forearm.

"But your fingers feel so good," He murmured.

"Nope, let's eat," He let's me pull myself away from him.

• • •

November 4th, Wednesday. 2:03am.
• • •

To judge someone on wether they do enough good rather than praise them for the good they've done is something I could never understand. My emails have been flooded with inquiries to do talk shows from CNN to the TODAY show to Ellen. They all want to get to know "the woman who has managed to love the man with a heart of steel" and a small part of me, who likes the attention, has written out yes responses to each and every email. They're always deleted and my inbox will be clear for just an hour or so until a hundred more flood in.

The workload for the assignment Perry had given me was a lot more than I had assumed and after reading dozens of articles of first encounters with The Bat, I was wide awake. Supposed to be looking for recent photos of the masked vigilante on my laptop, while I hoped the sleepy time tea I had drunk twenty minutes ago would take effect, didn't exactly go as planned with late-night repeats of earlier shows as background noise.