Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Rogue was intrigued by the new teacher and more than a little bemused by his fan club. Sure, he was hot, but not so hot that no one could resist him, yet it seemed like the entire female population of the school had a crush on him.

She could see why, he was charming, charismatic, and to hear him speaking French in lessons was positively orgasmic but still, he was just a man.

What she was surprised to learn was that Gambit was actually 30. It was quickly explained to her that his mutation allowed for rapid cell regeneration which, it was assumed, kept him looking young. His healing properties were not as fast as Logan's, but he healed much faster than a normal person or mutant would.

Gambit was friendly with his students, even slightly flirty at times, but he was always professional. They embarrassed him sometimes with inappropriate remarks, but the students seemed to enjoy it, and he was never short of a witty reply or put down when necessary.

Rogue quickly realised that the girls were trying too hard and that in fawning over him, they were actually turning him off. Not that she expected him to date a student, but at times it was clear to see this his smiles were only polite, not heartfelt.

She didn't want to be like that. She liked him, so she didn't want to be written off as a member of his fan club. She had also noticed that when he was with Logan, the pair had a teasing relationship, always giving each other grief, so Rogue decided to emulate that. She'd like it if he was a friend as well as a teacher.

Being Logan's friend meant that Rogue got to see a little of Remy away from the other students, when they hung out together, but she tried not to intrude too much.

She was surprised when both men agreed to teach her how to play poker. Growing up in the south she was used to a strict gender divide and a 'lady' just didn't play poker. Or smoke. Or drink liquor. Or swear. The list was endless and Rogue had always resented it, but neither man saw world like that, and she was glad of it.

She was also determined that they wouldn't have to dumb down the poker games when she played, so in between games she taught Bobby and John how to play so that she could improve her skills. Within a month she felt that she was on an even footing with them. Well okay, Logan and Gambit were both better than she was, but not that much better that she felt out of her league. They were also very good at giving her tips, which meant that more often than not, she was able to wipe the floor with John and Bobby.

They played for chips only, not cash but Logan and Remy seemed to have come to an agreement, whoever won the most chips bought the drinks on their next night out. Rogue was of course excused this when she lost, as she was far too young to go drinking with them, but on the occasions when she actually managed to beat them both, one or other would take her into town at the weekend for an ice cream sundae.

Unfortunately she didn't win that often, but it did give her an incentive to improve.

Rogue had just enjoyed an sinful sundae courtesy of Remy, who at their last poker game had had the smallest pot and was therefore considered the loser. She always picked the most fattening thing on the menu when he took her out, mainly due to his insistence that's he needed some fattening up. Sometimes it felt like he was always trying to feed her up. When it was his night to cook, he always chose dishes that she found hard to resist and he always gave her a large helping. She didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult, but eventually she decided that he just liked having another southerner around to enjoy his cooking.

Once they were finished, Gambit had to visit the liquor store to top up his and Logan's beer supply and rather that waiting in the car, Rogue visited the pharmacy at the same time. She was surprised when Remy came up behind her, since she didn't think that she'd been here that long.