Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Hey, kid, what's eating you?" Logan said the next morning as he sat down opposite Rogue at the kitchen table.

"I'm fine," she said with a smile.

"Sure, that why you're playing with your cereal rather than eating it."

As though to prove him wrong, Rogue ate a spoonful, then went back to pushing the flakes around the bowl.

"Is it your power?" he asked.

"No," she sighed. "I was able to turn it off when I woke up. It's been off for about an hour now so you were right, I was probably just tired."

Logan nodded as though he understood. "It's a big change though. You've lived with this curse for over three years now, it's going to take you some time to adjust."

"It's not that."

"Then what?" He waited as she continued to push her breakfast around her bowl. He knew she'd talk if she wanted to, he wasn't going to force her.

"There's this boy," she finally admitted.

"Bobby?" he asked.

"No!" Rogue looked so shocked that he believed her. "I'm glad he and Kitty got together, he deserves someone nice."

"I just thought that now you can touch-"

"I'm over Bobby. Honestly."

"Okay, so what's the problem with this other boy? Is he taken too?"

"Not really."

"Not really?" he repeated.

"I think that he likes me- no, I know that he likes me, but he just doesn't seem interested."

"Rogue, you've only been able to turn your power off for less than a day, and you don't have anything near complete control yet. Maybe he needs some time get used to the idea himself."

"Maybe," she sighed.

Logan wasn't fooled by her evasions, he had been able to smell the attraction between Rogue and Remy since the day those two met. To be honest, he was surprised it had taken them this long to figure things out, and he had formed a grudging respect for Remy.

When he first came to the school, Logan had been pretty sure that it wouldn't be long before he was skewering the Cajun for being too forward with Rogue, and that's why he had formed a friendship with the man, to keep him close but to his immense surprise, Remy had always been respectful and had never let on to anyone about his feelings for Rogue.

His respect had gone up even higher when it was Remy who had talked Rogue out of taking the cure. That above all else, was concrete proof that the Cajun was putting Rogue's well being before his own carnal urges.

Rogue didn't need much taking care of, she was a strong and resourceful young woman and Remy had always seemed to respect that. He had never tried to baby her but rather, always did what he thought best for her, even if that wasn't always the 'nice' thing to do.

Although Logan didn't much care for the age difference between them, he had to admit that Rogue could do a lot worse than Remy. Now they just had to figure things out for themselves.

Still, maybe he could give them a helping hand.

Kitty was studying at one of the tables at the back of the rec room while the students were in lessons, when Logan came in. One of her fashion magazines was lying on the table with her stuff and Logan picked it up and began idly flicking through the pages. Kitty gave him a weird glance but soon turned back to her studies.