Chapter 1: Excited Minds and Starry Skies

Rose Weasley stared up at her ceiling as she always does when she gets antsy. She sighed. Her parents had told her that she should get some sleep before tomorrow, but really she couldn't. "I'm going to Hogwarts!", she screamed in her mind. Ever since she got her Hogwarts letter the thought of tomorrow never left her mind. Now, that same Hogwarts letter was framed and hung up on the wall. She insisted on that.

She sat up, too excited to lay down, and hugged her legs with both of her arms. Her smile was so big that she began to get cramps, but she didn't care. She couldn't stop. She began rocking back and force.

At this point Hugo walked up to her room and stopped in the doorway. She didn't care,though, she kept rocking and smiling. Back and forth. Back and forth. She then craned her neck towards Hugo and tilted it while continueing to smile and rock. Hugo freaked out. "Mooooooooooom!", he yelled and ran away.

Rose broke out into laughter. She didn't know why she didn't stop when Hugo wntered she just didn't...and she felt great!

Hermione walked up the stairs and asked Rose, "Is everything alright? Hugo said that 'there is something wrong' with you?". Rose just looked at her mother and shook her head, "Nope I'm fine". Hermione nodded, said good night and went back down stairs. Rose just shook her head making her curls bounce up and down.

Hugo walked in again and glared at her. He crossed his arms. "Not funny", he simply stated and walked out of her room. That caused new giggles to escape from her mouth and finally she laid back down.

She leaned on her right side. Then her left. Then her right. She hufted. She laid down on her back. She still didn't feel tired. At all. She sighed. 

"Maybe I should try to fall asleep", she thought. "Naw", she responded with the other side of her brain.

Rose's room is on the top floor so right outside her window there's a nice flat part of roof that leads to the top of the house. Rose goes there a lot to read, write, do homework even just to get away from Hugo because he's not allowed up there. 

So she decided that she couldn't fall asleep, not like she tried, and got out of the comfort of her bed. She opened the window and let the fall breeze cover her face. She took a deep breath and proceeded to climb out her window. She went to the top and closed her eyes.

The feeling of the fresh misty fall air whipping her hair around and the sound of the trees swaying in the wind was...wonderful.

She opened her eyes and look up toward the starry night skies. Oh, she also did this quite a lot. She would just watch the stars twinkle in the night sky and wonder just how many are there.

While she was watching she heard someone climbing up the roof and sitting right next to her. Rose guessed it was her father, but didn't dare turn away from the skies afraid that they would leave her in the darkness. Her eyes followed a shooting star and she smiles in awe a little more.

"Amazing...isn't it?", she recongnized the sound of her fathers voice. She nods in agreement. "It really is.." she replied. She still doesn't look away. Ron laughs at the resemblance his daughter and wife have. "You know", he says, "Your mother was always interested in astronomy...she would spend almost hours looking at the constellations and graphing them...wondering...you look just like her you know?" Rose took this as the opportunity to look at her father. She bit her lip. "Really?", she asked. He nodded, "Olny you have red hair." 

Rose giggled a little. She smiled. Ron looked down at his daughter. So, beautiful, so curiouse, so just like her mother. "Ready to go inside now and get some sleep?", he asked. Rose nodded, "ok".

They climed down from the roof and slipped through her window. Ron picked up his daughter and laid her back on her bed. He kissed her forhead and she hugged him, "I love you daddy."

"I love you too.", he responded. Ron left and shut her door. 

Rose shifted in bed and got out once again. She went over to her window and looked at the sky she saw another shooting star and sighed. She smiled to herself and shut the window. She crawled back to her warm soft bed and laid down. She closed her eyes, but yet could not fall asleep. She was too excited. So, she made a little chant, "Tomorrow I'm going to Hogwarts! Tomorrow I'm going to Hogwarts!"