Chapter 3: Unexpected

"ROSE! ROSIE!!", Albus Potter called after her. Rose turned around to see her cousin vigorously waving at her. She was just about to run straight into the brick wall that led to Platform 9 3/4, when James Potter ran right in front of her. He whooped. Rose just rolled her eyes. Albus look sort of scared.

Rose smiled at him, "No need to be frightened...you just run into a brick wall!" Albus glared at her a little. "Oh, geez, thanks...that makes me feel SO much better!", He said sarcasm dripping from his voice. "Your welcome", she said as she ran into the wall.

Once on the other side she saw so many wizards and witches with their sons and daughters bidding them goodbye as they head off to the best wizarding school in all Europe. (A/N: Is that what they say?)

She saw James he was talking to his Hogwart friends. Most likely deciding who to prank first. Rose rolled her eyes. Behind her Albus comes running through the wall with his eyes shut. "I'm never going to ever get used to that am I?", he asked Rose. She didn't answer she was admiring the beautiful engine that was supposed to take to Hogwarts. "Any type of vehicle that takes me to Hogwarts is beautiful", she thought. She pushes her cart through the crowd of people Albus following right behind, trying not to lose her. She zig-zags through different groups of family and friends. Wanting to explore every inch of the place.

The Potters and the Weasleys finally catch up to them and they start saying their goodbyes. Albus talks to his dad, obviously nervous about being sorted and Rose talks to her dad as well.

"Now Rose,", he started, "I have a couple things I need to tell you before you go". She nodded and he continued. "I know you are excited to go to Howarts and you think that you'll be in Griffendor, but even if you don't just know that we are proud of you and you'll do great in whatever house you are sorted in". She nodded, "I know I really don't care...I mean I would rather be in Griffendor, but even if I'm in Hufflepuff I'll be just fine." She didn't really think that she knew she would be in Griffendor...right? She had to be. He kept going, "Now I know I really shouldn't ask you this, but...I would very much appreciate it if you would stay away from the Malfoy boy. Now I know that that might be hard and you might be intrigued by the boy-"

She cut him off, "Daddy I get it it's ok...I know what he did to you and if it means that much to you...I'll try". He smiled pleased at both of his daughters answers.". Alright I love you...say goodbye to your mother and brother". She hugged him and told him she loved him.

She turned to her mother and hugged her goodbye. "I'm so proud of you", her mother said. "thanks mom...", she responded. She said goodbye to her mom and she wished her good luck. Rose turned to Hugo. She hugged him and said, "Don't worry I'll be waiting for you in two years...". He smiled, "Thanks, I'll see you later".

She nodded and grabbed the bag that she brought herself, her luggage was already put on the train by her father so she got on and waved her mother said one last thing before she completely disappeared inside the train. "Don't forget to study for your exams!!!", she yelled. Rose giggled.

Albus was already inside the train...somewhere. Her father said her put her luggage wherever Albus was..."Oh, there!", she thought. Albus was talking to someone else sitting in the compartment, but Rose couldn't see who it was because of where they were sitting. Albus noticed Rose and he motioned her in. Rose smiled and nodded indicating that she was coming. Albus seems eased now. "Maybe whatever Uncle Harry said to Albus helped", she thought.

She walked in and Albus patted the seat next to him. So, she sat down. She brushed the hair out of her face and looked at Albus's mystery friend. It was a young boy, probably the same age as her and Albus, that had blond messy hair and grey eyes. She looked at him curiously. He looked familiar, but she could not put her finger on it.

Albus said, "And this is my cousin Rose.". Rose gave a slight wave. "Why are you so shy?", she asked herself, "You're never this shy". She snapped out of it very quickly and she said, "And your name is?". She boy smiled, "My name is Scorpius".