Chapter 2: Touching Family Moments

The night before Rose got little if any sleep, but she did fall asleep...eventually.  That morning she woke up to the sound of her brother's lovely voice screaming her name. "Roooose!! Better get up fast and get down here or you'll miss the train to Hogwarts!"

Rose bolted up. Panting in frustration, she scrambled out of bed and tried to put on her robes and shoes at the same time, but fell on the floor that didn't stop her though. She finished putting on her robes and shoes. So, she jumped up and grabbed her brush. She went to the bathroom and got her toothbrush ready she stuck it in her mouth and started brushing her hair and teeth.

While all this happened she heard her mother scolding Hugo. "What did he do this time?", she thought. She briefly stopped to listen. "Hugo Weasley!! Go and apologize to your sister right now!!" Rose began to brush her hair and let her toothbrush stay in her mouth. 

While she tried to maintain her bushy red curls she heard shuffling up the stairs followed by someone mumbling. She put her hair brush down and resumed brushing her teeth. Hugo grudgingly knocked on the door, but Rose didn't hear. She finished up on her teeth and spit in the sink. She rinsed off her toothbrush, put it down and opened the door to  go back downstairs, but she almost ran right into Hugo.

Hugo backed up and said, "sryIwokyouupsoerly"

"what?", Rose inquired, "Don't mumble".

He sighed, "Sorry I woke you up so early".

Rose's eyes grew. "What!?!", she asked again, but with a little more power.

Hugo rolled his eyes. "Did you even bother looking at the clock?"

"Huh?". Rose went to her room and looked at her clock.

"Wow Rose, sometimes you can be so clueless", Hugo muttered under his breath as he trotted down the stairs.

Rose grunted, "It's six o'clock", she said aloud obviously annoyed and frustrated. She rolled her eyes, crossed her arms and went down the stairs. 

"Good morning sweet heart did you sleep well?", her mother greeted her. Rose mumbled a response and sat down at the kitchen table where her father was already sitting at. He was reading the Daily Prophet. "Ready for Hogwarts?", he asked. As if she forgot she smiled widely and said, "yah, I think I'll just stick with Albus for most of it...we most likely won't be in the same house, but...that's ok!". She got up and started pouring her cereal  in a bowl while she kept talking. "Albus thinks he's going to be in Slitherin and I think I'll be in Griffondor, but...anything can happen...right?"

"Always, Rose dear", Ron replies. Rose smiles and brings her bowl of cereal to the table. "Can you pass the milk?", she asked Hugo who was sitting on her left. Hermione came and sat down on Rose's right also with a bowl of cereal. They were sitting at a four person table. They always sat in the same seat. Rose on one end Ron on the other Hugo on the left and Hermione on the right.

Hugo smiled a fake sweet smile and said, "Sure, sis". He passed it to his father. "You never said to who..." Rose smiled, "Two can play at that game", she thought. She straightened up and said, "Oh, Hugo, my dear, dear brother, I think you meant to say to whom...but I do understand you are at a younger age and you might not be as...accomplished in your... 3rd grade studies? Is it? So I will let this one slide and ask you one more time...Can you pass the milk?...To me?"

He groaned. Hermione started laughing and Ron smirked at his daughter. Hugo reluctantly passed her the milk. "Fine", he said and with that he walked out of the room. Rose poured the milk in her cereal and began eating. After they were done and Hugo still hadn't come back Hermione started to get out of her chair to go see if he was alright. Rose stood up and said, "Please...let me". Hermione and Ron gave each other an Oh, boy look, but let Rose talk to her brother. Rose went to Hugo's room and knocked on the door.

"Hey Hugo...It's Rose", she said. Hugo said, "You can come in..." Rose opened the door, shut it and found him sitting on his bed. "Umm you-you alright?", she asked. Hugo nodded, "I'm fine..."

"No no you're not", she sat down next to him, "Spill...why are you in a 'pranking' mood?" Hugo shifted. "It's just well...You are so smart and your going to Hogwarts...and I-I'm worried that...that I...that I won't get into Hogwarts..." Rose was taken aback. "I-I didn't know..."

He shrugged. "I just realized now, bu-"

She cut him off with a hug. "Hugo...you WILL get into Hogwarts...I promise" He hugged her back. 

"Thanks...I will miss you though..." She nodded, "I know". 

"Wow", she thought, "He's sounds much older..."

She let go and brushed the thought of him being older out of her mind. She smiled and got up to leave the room, "I'm gonna go check the time...ok?"

He nodded. She opened the door and her parents stumbled forward. "We, uh...We weren't listening", Ron said. Rose laughed and asked, "What time is it?"

"Uh...", Hermione said, "It's a quarter to nine". They live about an hour and a half away from Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross station. She nodded, "Let me just go and get my books and Aslan."

Ironic enough she named her owl after a lion from one of her favorite books. "Oh and Rose", her father said, "You don't need your robes on yet..."

She blushed, "Oh right..." 

She ran upstairs and grabbed her stuff. Her parents already put her stuff in the car so she just had her books, notebooks, quills and Aslan. She hurriedly came back down the stairs. Her parents were already in the car including Hugo she jumped in and tried to keep from screaming.

"This is the most exciting day in my life!!", she said her parents smiled and Hugo rolled his eyes.

So, they started to make their way to Kings Cross Station.