Chapter 6: Secret Plans

After the Thestral drawn carriage brought them past Hogsmeade and to Hogwarts. The group departed to their own house tables. Scorpius and Albus to Slythrin, Alice to Griffendor, Lily and Lorcan to who knows where and Rose and Sammy to Ravenclaw.

Rose and Sammy sat down and waited for the first years to come. They politely clapped at the appropriate time. Rose couldn't wait to eat. She discovered in first year, when Sammy pushed Rose to eat something, that Hogwarts food was amazing. Finally they had gotten through all the first years. Rose didn't really know how many had gotten in Ravenclaw, but that was probably another reason why she wasn't a prefect. She really didn't care though. Not being a prefect meant less responsibility and more hanging out with friends! (Not to mention pranking James without breaking any expectations of her.)

Headmistress McGonagall finally aloud them to eat. Rose gladly filled her plate with different variations of foods. She made sure it didn't look like much, but in fact was a good amount, by rearranging her food in certain orders. Sammy just watched her the whole time. She bent over to Rose just as she was about to eat a drumstick and said, "You sure you gonna eat all that?"

Rose turned her head, put down the drumstick and glared at her. "Is that this years challenge, Bevis?" Sammy responded with a smirk. "Oh I think it is." They smiled. Ever since second year they would have a competition to see who could eat the most and who could manage to not throw up.Sammy started stacking food on her plate and Rose started eating.

The first time that the two girls did this the people around them would look at the with disgust, but now it became a usual thing and the Ravenclaws would even have little bets going around. Last year Rose won, but this year Sammy was determined and wouldn't give up without a fight.

After dinner, everyone at Ravenclaw table was watching to see who would run out first. Rose and Sammy looked towards Jacob Merritt who always takes note on how many things the girls eat. 

Jacob looked nervous and almost happy-surprised. (A/N: You guys know what I mean there right??) He looked up  from his notepad and said, "Tonight ladies and gentlemen we have witnessed history for the combat of these two girls and how much food they could eat is a tie!"

Everyone was shocked, but no one passed any money around because no one ever thought of betting on a tie. They all sat back down, but still watched to see if any of the girls would run out to puke.

They didn't. They had to hold it back a couple of times, but they didn't let it out. Once everyone finished eating, Rose and Sammy got up and started walking to their common room. As they were talking Albus, Scorpius and Alice came up to them and started walking with them. 

"So who won this year?", Scorpius asked. Rose and Sammy turned to him and Sammy gladly said, "Well so far we are tied...we ate the same amount and neither of up...you know." She made gaging noises and pretended to puke. 

Alice thought that she was actually puking so she backed up and said, "Oh Merlin, umm ok I'll go get a bucket". She sped up to turn up the revolving staircase, but Albus stopped her by grabbing her wrist and said, "It's ok, she's not actually puking..." He didn't know what else to say.

Alice blushed, "oh...sorry I don't know..." She giggled a little. Albus also blushed and said, "Yah, uh, I think", He clears his throat, "that I, uh, I'll just go to bed...night everyone." Alice turned to Scorpius. "What was that all about?", she asked. Scorpius rubbed the back of his neck, "Uhhhhh, he's just nervous about O.W.l's..."

Rose nodded in understandment, "Yah, I can relate." Scorpius looked her in the eye and said, "Yah...well I better get to bed too...see ya." and with that he headed back down the stairs. Sammy smirked. Rose noticed this and asked,  "What is it, Sammy?"

Rose new that look and sometimes that look wasn't a good thing. "Oh nothing", she smiled. She turned to Alice, "It's just...Albus sooo totally likes you!" Alice blushed and said, "No he doesn't." Rose catching on added, "And you sooo totally like Albus." Repeating it in the same voice Sammy said it in. Sammy just rolled her eyes. Alice blushed, "Ok...maybe just a little...but please, please, please don't tell anyone!" The girls nodded and they continued talking until they had to depart. They said goodnight and Rose and Sammy headed up to Ravenclaw tower.

The two girls saw a whole bunch of students outside the common room pondering the riddle, but they weren't just some first years they were all types of different kinds. Rose saw Mallory Ware, a pure blood in her year, even thinking about it. Then Rose realized that they were all pure-bloods. They approached the portrait. "When is 99 more than 100?", the painting asked. Rose pondered on it for a while and looked up to see Sammy smiling at her. "Do you know what it is?", Rose asked. Sammy nodded, "Yah, and now I'm not surprised why only pure-bloods are out here."

Sammy stepped forward and said, "On a microwave. 99 is 1 minuet and 39 seconds, while 100 is 1 minuet." She stepped back a little and the painting opened up and let them in. All the others piled in too. "What's a microwave?", Mallory asked. Sammy rolled her eyes, "It's a muggle thing." That's all she said and Mallory nodded and walked away wondering if she should've taken Muggle studies as her elective.

Rose and Sammy talked a little more (Mostly on the 'Alice and Albus' subject) then headed to bed. Rose went to her own bed nook and Sammy hers. That night Sammy didn't get much sleep because she was scheming. What Rose didn't know was that Sammy's earlier...facial expression was about her not Alice, she new they liked each other a while now, it was about her and Scopius. She schemed and plotted. She was going to make sure that 'Scorose' will become a thing.

While Sammy was thinking about this, in the middle of the night, Rose got up and ran to the bathroom. Sammy smiled, "guess I won this year", she thought. She heard girl and boy Ravenclaws moan and pass around money. Sammy laughed. It was funny how late they were willing to stay up for a bet. They all quieted down and Sammy laid back down. Maybe a little too suddenly. She also ran to the bathroom and she could hear snickering and more moaning of how close they were to winning the bet.