2. The not sidekicks

It's been a few months since that incident, I've kept my face hidden with a mask and a cape,so afraid of my parents discovering it's me.

I live with Batman and Robin; I know their secret identities. I may live with them but it's not out in public, so I'm not technically his adopted son just some random stray staying at his house.

I always help Dick, a.k.a Robin, with his homework which at first surprised him of my advanced knowledge school wise.

When we go to fight crime I stay in the shadows, helping civilians and notifying the authorities but also thinking of strategies and suggesting them to Batman.

I stick to Batman much more than Robin himself, maybe it's because I see Batman as my salvation. I don't like to talk, which is why me and Batman get along well, we don't have to communicate through speech.

Robin is like my older brother, though sometimes I might act older because of my seriousness.

The Justice League already know about me but I doubt their sidekicks know, more importantly I asked Batman to tell the Justice League not to tell their sidekicks about me or my past.

"That's not me anymore" I whispered staring at the Bat computer.

"What's not you anymore?" Robin asked as he came from behind.

I turned around with a blank expression and that fake smile permanently stuck to my face, "nothing" I said calmly.

"Okay if you say so." Robin says, letting go of the subject, knowing I didn't want to talk about it.

Both Robin and Batman had tried to get me to stop smiling but my subconscious never let me, knowing the punishment I would always receive when I didn't smile got me left me scarred.

Even though I don't like smiling, my fear outweighs my preferences.

"Shouldn't you both be getting ready" Batman said as he appeared out of nowhere, Robin looked at him with a confused expression while I just stared, "today's THE day."

Robin broke into a grin and ran quickly to go change. As soon as he was out of the room, I started walking slowly out the room.

I changed into this ^

And after I finished I put on my cloak and mask