The Fight

Dr. Jude Silva, A ex marine and battle buddy to Conrad, also tries to keep patient alive as he works with all the Residents at Chastain. Now it's been two weeks since Conrad got into the accident and he is already back at working.  Nic and Devon  keep trying to tell him that he should take  another week off so he can finish healing but he won't listen.  

"I'm fine guys, I've been through worst than this. I can take care of my self."  Conrad told them wincing a bit.

"But Conrad, your still in pain and your on feet all day. Will you at least take some breaks for me at least." Nic said.

"Fine, Only five minutes every two hours I'm not just giving up on my patients because I'm in pain." 

" Fine, but when you take a break so do I. I'm making sure you take a full five minutes." She said. Conrad rolled his eyes and nodded, Nic smiled knowing that He will listen to her.  They went along with there duties,then when Jude came in Conrad stopped in his tracks.  He smiled as he limped to Jude so he could say hello. 

"Jude, hey man how is it going." Conrad said. Jude looked at him and gave him a shocked look.  

"What happened to you brother, you look like you got hit by a car." Jude said

"I did actually, two weeks ago. I promised Nic I would take breaks in a little bit."  Conrad said

"Then why are you here? You should be at home resting." Jude commented 

"Because I'm not leaving my patients.  I can take care of them." He said. Jude rolled his eyes.

"So anyway, I have a question?" Jude said

"What is it?" Conrad said now looking at information on a patient.

"Are you still dating Nic?" 

"No, She doesn't think so. But I wouldn't go for her Jude." 

"Why not, she is single isn't she?" 

"Yes but that's not the point. We might not be dating anymore,but she needs time Jude."

"Fine, whatever. See you later Conrad." Jude said storming off.

Conrad rolled his eyes and went back to working. 

-----------------Time skip----------------- 

Conrad and Devon just seen a patient who needs surgery on his stomach but no one believes that he actually needs it. So Conrad takes it upon himself to ask Jude to see if her can do the operation.

"I  will have to run more test to see what wrong with him before I do it." Jude said.

"You don't have to, they already been done." Conrad said

"But I want to make sure." 

"I have the results right here, just say you'll do the surgery." 

" I can't, and I'm not taking orders from you brother. I'm the surgeon I can ask for more test if I want them done before surgery." He snapped.

"Listen here, brother. We are not on the field anymore, I don't have to salute you here. You may outrank me by that standard but you being a surgeon and I am a resident, I say if you really need more testing or not. I already did the testing, already know what is wrong with him. All we need is him to go to surgery and come back healthy. So just do the surgery. Doctor. Here  take these results look after them and take care of my patient." Conrad said then stormed off to take care of another patient. Jude cursed under his breath and prep for the surgery.  Nic watched both of them leave in that situation. 

"Wow, that was intense." Devon said

"Yeah, it was." Nic said. She sighed and went about her day.  She walked past a empty room and saw Conrad in there. As she walked in she gasped at the sight she seen. Conrad on the ground,unconscious and barely breathe.

"Conrad, wake up. Come on Conrad." She said as she did did CPR.  "Devon! I need help here." She called out.

Devon came in. "What happened?" He said checking on his wound and it was fine. "He could of got a concussion from the accident and the stress got to him. 

"Maybe, lets just get him taken care of." Nic said, Devon nodded. Picking Conrad up and placing him on the bed. 

"Damn Conrad. I told you, that you needed to take a break from work. But you didn't listen." Nic said to herself.