Chapter 14: Do you know who I am?

J E S S I C A

"I..." He looked lost while searching for words. "I don't." He finally said after we were silent for a while.

He doesn't care and yet he did all this for me?

"Then why- why did you do these things for me if you don't care?" It was my turn to be angry. He didn't even glance in my eyes and turned around.

"Leave." Was all he said after my little outburst. I stood in my place shocked. No explanation?

"Answer me!" I yelled to him and he turned around quickly.

"LEAVE NOW!" His eyes were the most furious and angry that I'd ever seen in his eyes or firstly in anyone's eyes. I felt fear creep through my veins and I took a step back. I turned around and ran to the door. Without looking back, I ran to the car where the driver was sitting.

"Please, take me home..." I pleaded and he drove. I gave him my address and leaned to the seat. I closed my eyes for a while, it wasn't that long ride...

I woke up feeling someone lightly shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and turned to look at the person.

"Miss, we are here. Do you need anymore help?" The driver asked and I just shook my head. He helped me out of the car and escorted me to my apartment door.

"Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?" He asked carefully.

"Yes, yes I'm okay. Thank you, Mr...?" I trailed off and waited for him to give me his name.

"Please, you can call me James." He said with a slight smile.

"Thank you, James." I thanked him and walked inside my apartment. As soon as I got the door closed, I leaned against it and slided down. I was trembling and tears started to run down my cheeks. I just sat there for god knows how long.

Why was I afraid of him? He's been quite friendly to me except a couple of times but always when we were working, he was nice to me. There was never any problem. What was his problem now? And why am I afraid of him?

Finally had enough energy to stand up. I walked straight to my laptop and opened it. I went to internet and searched for information about him.

Mr Zane Savastano

I wrote his name and started opening the links that talked about him or had any kind of information about him or just a mention of his name. There was many Basic informations but one was over others. I opened it and read it carefully.

Mr Zane Savastano is a cold hearted and arrogant CEO of Savastano's industries. His family includes his father and mother, Peter and Kaitlyn Savastano, and his younger adopted Brother Miguel Savastano. His both grandparents had been dead for three years now and no one knows how they died. 

People have heard him doing some dark business like drugs, fights and even killing. Some people think that he is the leader of the Mafia in his area which makes him dangerous person. 

There is rumors that everyone who has connections with him, might be in danger and the closer the relationship is, the closer you are at a risk of getting hurt.

The rumors say that there is more gangs and smaller mafias after him and that is the reason he always has guards with him and why he is who he is?

True or not? It's up to you.

After I finished reading, I felt like someone made a sick joke. I couldn't believe it, it cannot be true, no... He is too kind for me, he can't lead a Mafia, it cannot be true...