Chapter 38: I'm a killer

J E S S I C A

I woke up laying naked on Zane's chest. I'm really happy that he hadn't left me alone after our night. We finally brought our real feelings up and I couldn't be happier than I am.

I don't know how I got so lucky to find someone who accepted me like I am, imperfect and broken girl. How someone could love me after everything I've been through, after everything that has happened to me, simply after everything.

But Zane is the one who accepted me without thinking another option, he was the one who loved me with all my flaws, with all my imperfections and most importantly with my broken self.

I felt someone moving under me and an arm wrap tighter around my waist. I lifted my head a bit and pecked Zane's lips. He was so perfect. Of course he wasn't perfect, but for me he was. I don't know what made him perfect but the fact that he loves me, all of me, makes me love him even more if it's even possible.

He fluttered his eyes open and found mine immediately. Many months ago his eyes were always cold blue but with me, they were soft blue. And I liked the fact that they were like that only for me, no one else.

"Good morning princess" He whispered against my lips as he pecked my lips.

"Good morning Zane" I smiled at him. The memories from last night came back to my mind and happiness filled my body and mind.

"How did you sleep?" Zane asked me with his voice husky from the sleep.

"I slept fine, thanks to you. Last night was the best night of my life" I bet my eyes sparkled and Zane could see it too. I hope he sees how happy he has made me.

"Last night was the best night for me too, I lov-" His phone ringing interrupted him. He groaned and picked it from the bedside table.

"Yeah?" When the person answered back to him, he was out of bed so fast that I had to blink to see if I saw right.

Yes, he had already his pants and shoes on and he was speaking furiously to the phone while he tried to put his shirt on. He was struggling with the buttons so I jumped up from the bed and went to help him. He let me do it and when he had dressed himself, he gave me a kiss to my forehead and disappeared. This morning started so well but guess it won't end like that...

I was still naked so I went to the bathroom to take shower. Zane will tell me what's wrong when he comes back, hopefully. I stood under the hot water for about twenty minutes before I was ready. I stepped out and dried myself before looking to the mirror. I stood there with certain glow on my skin and especially on my face. I looked truly happy and that made me smile brighter than ever before, except the times with Zane.

I left the bathroom to get dressed in a lazy pants and a sweater. Then I walked downstairs to the kitchen and took chocolate cereals with me and walked to the living room area. I sat down and opened the Tv. There wasn't anything interesting to watch so I decided to just watch some wedding show where the brides try to search for a perfect dress for themselves.

I finished my cereals and laid down on the couch. I watched the show for a while before I drifted to sleep.

***

I woke up a couple minutes later when there was sound coming from the kitchen. I jumped up and took my spoon with me. My senses were already on full action. I sneaked to the kitchen's corner so I saw what was happening inside. There was two or three person's with masks on. I froze for a moment before my senses told me to run.

So I ran.

I knew exactly where to go so I ran to Zane's office and opened the last drawer where he kept a gun just in case. I loaded it, yes he has teached me to use a gun just in case, and walked to the door. There was no one outside so I started walking to our bedroom but just my luck, I accidently knocked down a vase from the hallway. That made me panic.

I ran to our bedroom and heard someone running up the stairs. I searched my phone and locked myself to the bathroom. The footsteps were on the hallway now, I can hear it. I dialled Zane's number and it rang only twice before he answered.

"Jessica are you okay?" He asked concerned, he sounded almost fearful. Before I could answer, there was someone on the door bounding on it. The bounding got louder and harder with every passing second. I'm amazed how the door hasn't broken yet.

"Yes, right now I am but someone is coming. Please come home, there is maybe three men or more here that definitely are not our guards. Please come quickly." Just as I finished my sentence, the door broke and one of the men stepped inside.

"Look what we have here" I could hear him smirking but couldn't see it because he was wearing a mask. I pointed my gun at him.

"Stay away from me" I tried to sound threatening. He only laughed at me before he took so quick step to me and slapped the phone away from my ear and then kicked the gun away from my hand. I could hear Zane yelling my name but I wasn't able to answer because the stranger had taken a hold of my neck and pushed me against the wall. He cut my airways out and I struggled to breathe.

"We're going to have so much fun when Zane sees we killed you. I'm going to enjoy this." He searched for something in his pocket and in that second he was distracted enough so I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and when he had to free me, I ran again. That's what I know how to do best.

I ran to the closet and found the secret box where Zane kept another gun and I took it. The stranger came to the closet and was starting to come towards me.

"Don't come any closer to me or I'll shoot!" I tried to get him to back away but he didn't do anything. There was only one meter between us when I had to shoot or die myself.

So I shot him.

Straight between his eyes.

He was dead immediately.

I dropped the gun and ran out of the room. I ran to the basement and there I went to the safe room that was hidden and locked it behind me. I put everything in front of the door so anyone couldn't get in. I'm shocked that the other two strangers didn't stop me on my way here.

I ran to the furthest corner from the door and leaned against the wall before sliding down it and curling into a ball. I just looked at the door, I didn't hear anything, I didn't feel anything, I was numb. There wasn't even a single tear on my cheeks or in my eyes.

I don't know for how long I sat there but it must be hours or at least it felt like hours but soon I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Jessica, it's me. Open the door." I didn't. I didn't say anything or do anything. I just kept looking at the door.

"Princess please, you're safe now. Everything will be okay. Just let me in." Still I didn't do anything. I heard a key turn in the lock and then someone tried to open the door but all the furniture in front of it made it difficult.

One second everything was there in front of the door and the next they were scattered all over the room. I kept sitting in the corner feeling nothing.

Zane walked inside the room and when he saw me, his eyes were really concerned. He came and kneeled beside me. I looked at him in the eyes but I was still numb.

"Princess are you okay?" He asked. I felt like he was talking to a kid because he talked so slowly and carefully. I wanted to tell him everything but I couldn't.

I killed a man.

I shot him right between his eyes.

I. Killed. A. Man.

I freaked out. I started to cry hysterically and I crabbed Zane's arms. I kept repeating his name and I can almost bet he felt like I was crazy.

"I killed a man." For the first time ever, Zane looked like he didn't know what to do. He looked lost so the only thing he probably thought was going to do something good for both of us, was for him to take me in his embrace so tightly that I couldn't feel anything else than him and his warmness.

"I killed someone. I killed him. I killed a man." I whispered to myself.

I'm a killer.

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't updated for many days but I was going to. I couldn't because I was sick for these past two days and I have only slept and drank something. I couldn't even eat anything so I hope you understand!
Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! I love you guys!