The Truth

At the end of the day, I took a walk in the forest nearby my house. It's a really nice forest, full of its own beauties and wonders. But, most importantly, it's where I meditate.

I entered the forest and walked through the multiple trees to end up in a wide open spot. I then sat down on a rock, closed my eyes and entered a zone of comfort and relaxation.

When I opened my eyes, I saw every single one of the souless chatting with each other. When they saw I was there, they all smiled and sat down.

- Hey Taby! the little Rania shouted, jumping into my arms.

- Sup Rania!... I said, gently pushing her away. 

- You look concerned, what seems to be the matter?... Marla asked. What happened after Josiah came?... Did he hurt you?

- I... I wasn't the one who got hurt..... He was...

- What do you mean?... Rania asked. 

Everybody was looking at me with caring eyes. I knew that they would do anything to help me out.

- ...... One of you took over my body... And beat the sh*t out of Josiah... I said, fainting a smile.

I heard mutterings and gasps of indignation. I looked around, wondering who it could have been.

-..... Where's Elkin?... I asked, noticing that one of the souless wasn't around. 

Elkin. The one souless I had different feelings towards to. He was a shy and red-headed boy. His eyes were a mixture of brown and green, and his smile was just marvelous. He was Marla's son, which meant he also had a great memory, but also great dignity. But I couldn't see him anywhere at that moment, and it was worrying me.

- I don't know... I thought I saw him not too long ago... Marla answered.

- I'll go look for him, I said. He shouldn't be too far.

I got up and entered the deep woods yet again. I looked around carefully, all of my senses alert. 

- Elkin?... I asked. It's me, Tab... C'mon, get out... I just wanna ask you something...

Nothing. Not a sound. I started to get angry. I sighed and sat down on a log.

- Not cool.... Please, I just wanna talk!... I am begging you.

- I.... I just... Don't want too... I heard from a high distance above the ground.

I looked up and saw nothing but branches. "I need to get a better view..." I thought. I then started climbing up a tall tree and once half way up, I started scanning around again. 

- Elkin... It's me... You know you can say anything to me...

I finally heard a sigh.

- You promise you won't be mad at me?....

- ... I know it's gonna be something bad... But, you have my word.

I saw him jumping from branches to branches to end up in front of me. He was completely avoiding eye contact, and it was getting on my nerves. 

- Now, tell me the truth... I said.

- I... I am very ashamed of my action, Tabithia.... I really do hope you will forgive me....

 - I will, Elkin... Just tell me...

He sighed and looked at his feet. 

- It...... I was the one who took over, Tabithia... I'm terribly sorry, I have no idea what happened, I-I just... Anger came up to me, and, somehow, I took control... I'm sorry...

I looked at him and put my hand on his.

- I forgive you... I totally understand...

He looked up into my yellow eyes as I stared down into his brown and green ones. We were so different, yet so close. I felt the urge of hugging him, and this time, I could not resist. I leaned in for a hug and put my arms around his neck. I couln't feel his warm body against mine, but his "presence" was soothing. He huged back and smiled in relief. 

- I was so afraid you would have been so angry at me...

- Why would I be?! That was the sweetest thing anybody ever did to me... And I thank you...

Our grip loosened and we deeply looked at each other, our eyes linked. Butterflies in my stomach were acting up, and so did my pulse. I couldn't believe it... He doesn't even exist, but yet..... I was madly in love with him.....

- Elkin...... I started.

- Tabithia.... I know.... And I feel the same way.... He said shyly.

My eyes started to tear up in joy, but also in despair. I loved him, but it was an impossible love...... What would my parents think?! And my therapist?! And my friends?! Or even my bullies!??

- Shshsh, Taby... I don't want you to cry because of me..... It is going to be fine..... He said, putting his hand on my cheek.

Our foreheads "touched" as my eyes closed. I wanted him to be with me so badly....... But I could still feel his soothing presence close to me, and his hand on my face. Everything was always better when he was around. I wish we could stay together forever... 

Then, our lips touched and locked together, fitting perfectly as one.