Chapter 10

Kellin's POV

I was pissed. No, I was absolutely beyond pissed at this point. Alan hadn't been at school ever since I had found out that he was only interpreting for me because he had to and to be honest, it was stressing me out now. If he had at least texted me to tell me if he wasn't at school because he was sick or not, that would have been a different story but he wouldn't respond to a single text and now I was behind in all of my classes. Vic had tried to help me in our Chem class but everything else, I was fucked. My amazing boyfriend couldn't come to all of my other classes for me and even if he could, his signing was still kinda bad. He tried, and it was sweet that he learned ASL for me but his signing wasn't the best, he could understand for the most part, though, which was awesome. I hated to think it, but I needed Alan here to help me out. It pissed me off to think but, my mom was right when she said I couldn't do it alone.

Someone shook my arm and I glanced up wide-eyed. That was the other downside, Alan wasn't here to tell me when the bell rang so typically I was the last person out of class.

"Mr. Bostwick, class is over," Mr. Rodgers told me slowly, careful to enunciate every word, I refrained from rolling my eyes and nodded and signed thank you to him. Mr. Rodgers smiled. "That means thank you, right?" I nodded again and gave him a thumbs up before I gathered my things.

I headed to my next class as quickly as possible.

Kailey grabbed my arm on my way to class and stopped me. "Mom's here to check you out, you've got speech therapy today and I think something else to check on your ears." She said and I sighed in relief.

"Okay, she here now?"

She nodded. "Yeah, you should head to the office and give me your keys because guess who gets to drive home if you don't get back to school in time!" Kailey told me happily.

I gave her a smile, "Alright here." I signed then handed her the keys.

She took them. "Thank you, have fun," she said and spun on her heel and left me there. I shook my head and headed to the office to find my mom already waiting for me.

"Why didn't you tell me your interpreter hasn't been here for two days now?" She demanded.

"I've been doing fine," I lied.

"I doubt that."

"I have been."

She narrowed her eyes. "I just got to find out what your grades are and they are going down, Mister."

"I'm working on them, don't worry."

"If they don't go up by the end of the week, we're going to be having a talk," she said as we walked out of the building.

"Yes, ma'am." I rolled my eyes. She was being so dramatic about all of this. I would get my grades up, she had nothing to worry about. They were only like this because Alan wasn't here. I wasn't going to admit that to her. No way. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing that I actually needed Alan for help. I was too stubborn for that and I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of her knowing she's right.

My mom tapped my shoulder, "We're here honey."

I nodded and got out of the car slowly. I hated stupid speech therapy, I hated it with everything in me but, I had to admit. I was getting a little more comfortable with talking out loud. It wasn't as unbearable as it used to be.

"Hi Kellin, are you ready to go back?" My speech therapist, Stephanie said once we signed in for the day.

I nodded and followed her back to her office.