a preface, of sorts

the failings of a surgically healed heart, Copyright 2018 by E.V.E.
All Rights Reserved

for those of you who are seeing this appear in your libraries and are confused since you do not recall adding a piece by this title to your library, your not going crazy this poetry collection was formerly "poetry about everything" but to be quite honest this collection is near unrecognisable to that.

this collection in it's current form has been a passion project of mine. one that has taken such an extreme length of time to craft, i don't think i'll ever be able properly contextualise the commitment that went into it. on top of that there have been numerous moments in the process of writing this, i was not sure i would complete what i set out to. but i have and i'm feeling really good about it honestly.

in more concrete terms: as outlined in the summary the collection is split into since thematic parts:

family

immigrant

spirituality

loving

womanhood

catharsis

in each part there will be the introduction - which means to say, a contents page giving background to research and inspiration. followed by the interlude, then five poetic pieces.

** i try my best to set up the premise for each piece in the introduction(s), (it'll make more sense when you go on to read it) but if you find that is too vague just leave a comment on which ever piece and i'll try and give a more in depth analysis of it there.

also, my poetry and more specifically this collection has in it's entirety has most definitely evolved from what it once was and there are many authors and writers on wattpad and in real life i have and i plan to credit for that reason, so look forward to that.

but i've also been wanting to say for a while and this is as good a time as any it's important i say that it's the folk who've been here from the beginning. who kept me accountable and kept reading my stuff who i wouldn't feel so motivated to hurry up writing for if it wasn't for the likes of folks like them:

moonlightremus

JuliSY

mcstuffo1

_matiapoykaine_

999palefire

all of you - and so many others i couldn't find their usernames so i could mention on here, read every single word of my gawd awful poetry and left the loveliest comments comments even if english wasn't your first language and it just meant the world to me and was the reason i had to write poetry i was actually proud of. so hopefully you love this as much as i love all you.

**other than that the next will be update on wednesday - that will be the parts intro - followed by an update on friday, but until then leave a comment if you want, and yeah...

(you would think i'd be better at writing a/n's by now)

...awk well

also y'all should also tell me whether you want me to republish some of old poetry on my second account because like the shameless writer i am, i didn't delete any of it but instead saved it to a word document where it now lives.

also also; just a note of caution at the time of posting this update i'll likely be preparing for exams so i won't be as active as usual/in the best of moods so keep that in mind.

but other than that. comment away (only if you want to).

update schedule: weekly updates every wednesday and Friday 」