5

Elvira lay sprawled across the bed, cigarette in hand, beside Mike's corpse. His blood covered parts of her ivory skin like splattered paint, her breasts always seemed to be the target area.

She took a long drag and then exhaled. Plumes of smoke drifted through the air, only visible from the candle light. The time was four o'clock in the morning. She needed to get rid of his body asap so she jumped in the shower to clean up.

Different days meant different times for disposing of her meals. Yesterday was Friday, so she could do it early evening, but because it was the early hours of Saturday, she had to do it before the humans woke. But luckily she had help. From a fellow vampire.

Laverne was a friend of Elvira's. Although they didn't communicate with each other outside of throwing away bodies, she knew that he would have her back if needed. He was even older than her at two hundred and two but appeared to be in his early thirties. He was fairly handsome too.

Elvira didn't know any other vampires in New York. She didn't like making friends with them and wasn't keen on the idea of fighting over a man with another female, she would win though by turning into a ravenous lioness if she didn't get her way.

Once she was ready she picked up Mikes corpse and slung it over her shoulder like a rag doll. Her super hero like strength was at its peak thanks to feeding from Mike just an hour before. She needed to consume the blood of a human regularly to sustain her hunger and prevent herself from weakening. It just so happened to be that those humans were hunky men. She often fed from small animals but never cats. If she didn't feed, she could turn into an uncontrollable rabid creature. Elvira didn't like the idea of looking like a junkie caked in old make up and baggy clothes.

If she didn't have the job at the Hanging Bat then she would be at a dead end. Working there was her haven for finding men to eat and she hadn't yet been caught.

When she stepped out of her room the apartment was silent. She scanned the area to make sure a stranger wasn't wandering through who may spot her hauling a dead body but Ryan and Lydia were both in their rooms. Ryan most likely underneath a man.

Elvira stepped over Salems food bowl and spied him sleeping peacefully on the couch.

"I can't believe this jerk sat on you." She mumbled disdainfully as she headed out the front door.

Salems right ear twitched.

Elvira peered around the outer hallway, no one was there. She closed her eyes and willed herself to teleport to Long Island sound, a tidal estuary not far from her home.

Within seconds she found herself standing on the shoreline looking out to sea. The moon shone down on the water as it rippled slowly. It was peaceful here.

"Nice to see you again Elvira." A deep voice called out from behind her.

She turned to see Laverne standing tall further up on the rocks. His long raven hair blew in the wind behind him, his skin illuminated by the soft glow of the moon.

He strode towards her, black velvet cape flowing in the wind. Typical vampire.

"Hey Laverne." She put Mike's body down on the rocks.

Laverne planted a soft kiss on her right cheek. He greeted her like this every time they met. The one thing she liked about Laverne was how chilvarous and old fashioned he was. He didn't like the modern world much and liked to act like he was back in the twenties.

"It's a pleasure to see you. I wasn't around last night so I hope you got the boat working fine." He said as he picked up Mikes body and carried it to the classic ski boat a few feet away that bobbed upon the water.

"Yeah I did. You forget I've had practise before from you not being here to chaperone me." She exclaimed as she watched Laverne toss the body into the dark oak boat like Mike was trash.

"Of course. I'll be inside if you need me." He bowed his head as he headed back to the lighthouse to the left of the shoreline.

Laverne was lucky to live in a light house. It was the perfect place for a vampire, no one rarely came and he had the ocean on his doorstep where he could dispose of his dinner whenever he liked.

Elvira had to come here a couple of times a week after feeding but was grateful that Laverne lent her his boat.

She turned on the engine with the key and drove the boat far out to sea. The wind blew rapidly across her face as she inhaled the sea air. Seagulls flapped around in the sky seemingly angry by the rumble of the engine.

When she knew that she was far enough she opened a fairly large metal box from underneath the passenger seat. She took out several heavy rocks, a rope and a fishing net. The boat was quite spacious so she had enough room to work.

The sun had slowly begun to rise by the time she had finished. Mike's body was now wrapped up in a blanket filled with rocks and tied up with thick rope.

Elvira stood up carefully, balancing in the boat. She picked up the body and launched it into the depths of the ocean. It made a loud splash as it hit the water, speckling her face with salt and sea, a small tidal wave that rocked the boat. She sat back down and looked to shore. The land looked so small and insignificant from this distance. She turned the engine on and headed back to the shoreline.

After leaving the boat in its usual spot Elvira teleported back to the door of her apartment. Salem came trotting towards her.

"Hey baby!" She said gleefully and scooped him up into her arms. He was warm and oh so fluffy.

As she entered the kitchen she heard a voice talking quietly. She rounded the corner and saw both Lydia and Ryan sitting on the sofa staring at the tv.

"Morning." Elvira said as she walked over to the fridge.

Neither of them replied, instead the volume on the tv was turned up high.
Elvira spun around and looked at the screen.

A woman in a crimson red jacket sat behind a desk reading out the headline in a firm tone.

"The dissapearance of a young man named James Brand has just been announced. His girlfriend believes he went out two nights ago and hasn't yet returned home. We don't have any further information about his dissapearance at this time. If you have seen this man or have any information please call this number." A photograph came up on the screen of James and his girlfriend followed by a number at the bottom.

Elvira froze at the news and if she had a heart it would most definitely have stopped beating.

"That guy had a girlfriend?!"

Lydia shook her head and glanced at Ryan who equally looked disappointed.

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! ⭐