| two

namjoon read through jimin's case file a million times before finally working up the nerve to come into his room.

he attempted to knock softly, but it came out as a rough, echoing sound.

there was no response before a small, "come in", was heard.

namjoon's insides tingled at the voice, reaching down to turn the knob.

he twisted it, a small creak sounding when he opened the door.

he looked over at the pure white bed, being accompanied by a blonde boy.

jimin.

namjoon didn't try to hide the surprise in his face.

he's beautiful, namjoon thought.

namjoon coughed before continuing, "hello, i'm dr. kim"

"park jimin"

"oh yeah, i know", namjoon said before correcting himself, "i-i mean, nice to meet you".

namjoon held out his hand for a handshake, completely forgeting about jimin's condition.

jimin stared at his hand like it was a wet dog.

namjoon suddenly pulled his hand back, remembering, and apologized.

"its okay", jimin said emotionlessly, turning back to his bed and sitting down.

namjoon hesitated before following him, grabbing a seat and moving it to the end of jimin's bed.

"so, im going to be your doctor", namjoon said, regaining his confidence.

jimin nodded, eyes staring into namjoons.

"just dont fucking touch me".

namjoon, taken aback from his foul language, only stared back at him.

he noted the way jimin fidgeted in his spot and kept careful eyes on him. namjoon was analyzing everything he could about jimin. even though he was a rookie, he wasn't bad at his job.

he nodded before continuing,

"so, how old are you, jimin?"

"didnt you read my file?", jimin gave him an annoyed look.

"i just want to hear you say it", namjoon smiled, his dimples creating craters in his cheeks.

jimin noticed, before answering.

"im 20"

"im 23", namjoon replied, "you're actually my first patient"

"great", jimin said sarcastically.

namjoon shook off the sarcasm, "i thought for today, we could just become acquaintances, and then maybe tomorrow we can get more into sessions".

jimin stared at him blankly.

"what?", namjoon asked, genuinely confused at jimin's look.

"why don't you just give up already? don't think i don't hear what the other doctors say, i know they all think im a lost case", jimin mumbled, eyes threatening to water.

"i am a lost case."

namjoon's eyebrows furrowed.

"jimin, you are not a lose case.. you're my patient and you're going to get better, okay?", namjoon said, desperately trying to word out what he wanted to say.

jimin scoffed and looked away.

"im serious", namjoon insisted, placing his hand on jimins bedframe.

jimin's eyes widened and he watched his hand, almost waiting for it to reach out and grab him.

namjoon saw this and quickly retrieved it.

"listen, don't give up on yourself, okay? im certainly not going to", namjoon tried again.

jimin gave a faint nod before namjoon got up.

"i think that we should continue this tomorrow", namjoon said, gathering his things.

jimin nodded again, and namjoon made his way out the door, but not before turning back to give jimin one last look.