Chapter Seven

"Baby? Are you alright?" I walked out of the bathroom and looked at him, trying to smile.

"I'll be fine. Probably just a bug." I crawled back into bed and snuggled closer to him, his warmth instantly radiating through me.

"Still, I want you to see a doctor. I don't like when you don't feel good. Promise me you will, princess." I leaned up and kissed his neck.

"I promise. I'll call soon." He rolled me over.

"Do it now, Riley. The sooner you get in, the better." He kissed my nose before leaning over me and grabbing my phone. He handed it to me and smiled before climbing out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

I sat up and called, I managed to get an appointment for later that afternoon. I laid back down and instantly fell asleep.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ronnie. I'm leaving." I walked into the living room and grabbed my bag.

"You want me to go with you, baby?"

"No, I know you're busy today. I'm feeling better actually. Probably no need to go anyway." I tried to get out of it, but he shook his head.

"I want you to go, just to make sure. I'm not sure if I'll be here or not when you get back. Depends on studio time. I'll let you know if I leave." He stood up and kissed me. "I love you."

I never got tired of hearing it. "I love you too."

I pulled out of the driveway and made the drive to the doctor, all the while wondering what could be causing me to all of a sudden be sick. I figured it was just stress. Stress from work, from Ronnie working all the time, to the tour coming up. He'd be gone for almost two months, I wasn't sure how I was going to deal with him being gone.

It wasn't a long drive, so I was there in matter of minutes and pulled into a parking spot. I had the urge to just call and cancel it and drive around for a while. Then go home and tell Ronnie I was fine, but unfortunately for me, I was a horrible liar. He'd see right though it.

I walked in and signed in, taking a seat and waiting for what felt like forever before they finally called my name. I followed the nurse back to the room and sat on the table.

"Hi, Riley. What can we do for you today?"

"Well, I've been getting sick a lot lately and my husband thought it would be good to come in. I think he's overreacting, but here I am." We both laughed as she wrote in my file.

"Aren't they always? Have you noticed any symptoms? Missed period, soreness in your breasts? Anything like that? When was your last period?"

"I'm not pregnant. I'm on the birth control. There is no possible way I could be pregnant. My periods are always irregular, but it was about 8 weeks ago." She nodded and wrote more.

"Just as a precaution, the doctor will want to do a test, just to rule it out. I'm sure you're right, but that's easy to figure out. Just go in the bathroom and give us a urine sample. Leave it in that little door and we'll test it real fast. Once it's negative, we can move on to something else." I nodded and took the cup doing exactly what she said.

I sat back in the room and waited, and waited, and waited before the nurse and doctor came back in.

"Hi, Riley. I'm Dr. Williams. We got the results back and you are indeed pregnant." He had a smile on his face and I felt like my whole world had turned upside down.

"That's, that's not possible. How is that possible, I'm on birth control." My hands started shaking. I could just imagine Ronnie's reaction when I told him this.