An Unofficial Date

A month's time seemed inadequate for the Boses, Dixits, and Malhotras, to prepare for DevAkshi's engagement. Nonetheless, they all kick-started their work with a great bout of enthusiasm; except for DevAkshi who were strictly instructed to lay back enjoy, and spend their time with one another.

The best wedding planner in town - Wedding Creations - had been hired to make DevAkshi's Ring Ceremony a memorable affair. The men of the families had handed in their guest lists, consisting of only the closest colleagues and the most important business associates. While the ladies had penned down the names of the closest relatives and friends to be invited.

Nia and Vihaan were to fly down from the States a week before the engagement, whereas, Shriya and Harsh were to arrive from Australia, a couple of days before the engagement. Dev's Daadi, the only elderly living member of the three families, was going to be present at the Dixit Mansion two weeks before DevAkshi's engagement.

The female horde had met up, one fine afternoon, to begin their shopping spree. While Anjali had picked up Asha, Soumya, and Ishwari were traveling together. Dev had been asked to...or rather ordered to...pick up Sona from her place and then accompany her to select their outfits, as their attires were to be complementary to each other's.
Anant, Raj, and Bijoy's outfits were going to be selected by their respective better halves, keeping in mind their preferences and likes.

Dev left for the Bose's residence post-lunch; having already completed his required quota of work for the day, to pick up Sonakshi and join the others. He had informed Sonakshi on leaving the office and had also informed her that he would be reached in approximately 20-30 minutes. On receiving his message, Sonakshi immediately got ready, as she did not want to keep him waiting for her, as she was against those who did not value time - unlike other girls of her age, who made their partners wait for God knows how much time. On reaching, he dropped her another message saying that he had arrived. To his surprise, she came out of her building within minutes of sending her the message of his arrival. On seeing him, she smiled brightly and he too smiled back at her with equal intensity. Dev stepped out of the car and walked to the passenger seat and opened the door for her, like a true gentleman. However, a small gesture, this action of his tucked at the strings of her heart and her smile brightened even more if it were possible. "Thank you, Mister Friend.", Sona said to Dev. He just chuckled at her greeting and walked towards the driver's side and got in. Once he had ignited the car to life, he asked Sona, "So Miss Friend...how are you doing?" "Very well. How about you?", she asked. "All good.", Dev replied to her. Then followed a smooth conversation between the friends over the happenings of the past days as they had not caught up much in the past few days, as Dev had been busy with some presentation and Sona had taken up a baking course, as she loved baking (and also to kill her time). They did not realize how the journey of half an hour; from Sona's place to the boutique where their Mothers, Anjali and Soumya were already waiting for them; as they had been engrossed in their conversation.

Dev proved that he was a gentleman, yet again, when he again opened the door for Sonakshi to get out of the car. Sonakshi looked at the attires on display in nothing but awe. But at the same time, she got somewhat nervous as well as conscious, regarding the expenses that would incur.
It was not that her parents could not afford a designer outfit for her days or they were not well off. Nah, they were pretty much well off, but Sonakshi wanted her parents to save the money for their old age instead of splurging on her. She did not believe in expensing money unnecessarily! However, when Dev came and stood beside her after handling the car keys to the valet, and asked her why was she so silent, she nodded a 'No', implying that she wasn't, and smiled at him. Even though he did not buy her answer, he did not rush into it, wanting her to not feel pressured. 

Together they entered the large designer boutique, giggling over something Sonakshi had said. They indeed looked cute together. "Good afternoon Sir, good afternoon Ma'am! How can I help you?", the Manager asked them, smiling warmly. "Good afternoon...we are here with Mrs. Ishwari Dixit, my mother. Could you help us to where she is?", Dev asked politely and Sona admired his mannerisms. "Oh! Ishwariji?", the Manager asked. Dev nodded in affirmation and the Manager gestured for DevAkshi to walk ahead of him saying, "After you Sir, Ma'am!", and then led them to where their family was waiting for them and had already started to browse through the catalog, to select their outfits. DevAkshi smiled at one another on seeing their Mothers and Aunt engrossed in their discussion of the dresses and poor Soumya sitting there all bored.