Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo...

(A/N: Do listen to the song 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo', sung by Arijit Singh while reading this chapter!)

Asha had quite a task up to her sleeve; of​ keeping her respective promises to Dev and Sona without any goof up. 'Only a few more hours until Dev would be back!', Asha thought happily. She had sensed the longing in Dev's voice when she had spoken to him earlier on the phone and could easily understand that Dev too loved her daughter; just the way she loved him.
Sona still had not recovered from her (mild) fever and Asha sought this as an opportunity to get Sona out of the house for her date with Dev; under the pretext of taking her to see a doctor. She felt bad, for lying to Sona, but she very well knew that making Sona meet Dev, was as good as making her visit a doctor; as Dev was a cure to Sona's problems so was Sona for Dev's.
Before boarding the flight, Dev texted her saying;

Dev: A bit busy today; won't be able to call or reply since the phone will be switched off! Will call ​you first thing, once free! Sorryyy!! :( :'(
Sona saw the message and replied;
Sona: It's okay! No worries!! :)
And Dev switched off his phone after reading her reply. 

"Sona...here I come!!!", Dev muttered to himself as his flight took off. While on the other hand, Sona spent her time sulking!
At around eight that night, Dev landed at the Mumbai International Airport, and after getting done with the customary formalities, walked out of the Airport terminus and called Asha the first thing; to inform her of his return. He then called his mom to inform her of the same and Ishwari was ecstatic! He was then driven to the venue of his date with Sona; and on reaching, he called Soumya to thank her for the fabulous arrangements she'd made.
A gazebo, adorned with golden fairy lights had been set up; and the pathway leading to the gazebo was also illuminated with the lights.
Sona, ever since she had received Dev's message, felt all the more low and sad; her fever aggravating a bit. Seeking it as a perfect opportunity to get her (Sona) out of the house, Asha strictly ordered Sona to get dressed as she (Asha), was taking Sona to the doctor and Sona knew better than to argue with her mom when it came to her health; so Sona reluctantly agreed.
Dev had already texted Asha the address of the venue. As Asha drove Sona and herself to the place, Sona dozed off (probably due to fatigue), much to Asha's good luck; and also to Dev's, since his surprise would now remain a surprise!
Asha was in awe of the decorations she saw when they reached the address Dev had texted her. She lightly shook Sona by her shoulder, thus waking her up. Thankfully Sona was still not aware of where she was; as she was too tired to notice her surroundings. She kept walking ahead, mindlessly, holding onto Asha for support.
Asha smiled her brightest when she spotted Dev from afar; taking glances at the gate. Dev too smiled back at her with equal enthusiasm, which soon turned into a concerned expression on seeing Sona; who still had not seen him; in a fragile state. A guilty expression masked Asha's face and she could not look Dev in the eye; feeling bad for hiding Sona's ill health from Dev, even if it was for his benefit.

On reaching the mother-daughter duo, Dev bent down to touch Asha's feet; as she happily blessed him. "Maa why did you not tell me that Sona's not well?", Dev asked. "I am sorry beta. Sona had made me promise her that I won't inform you of it, so...", Asha said in an apologetic tone. Dev instantly replied, "It's okay Maa, you need not apologize!! And thank you! (referring to her help with his surprise date." "Maa bhi bolte ho, aur thank you bhi?!", Asha said faking anger, as Dev smiled sheepishly at Asha. Sona kept looking at Dev and Asha and finally, her curiosity got the best of her and she asked them, "Will either of you enlighten me with what's going on over here?" "Dev planned all of this for you!!", Asha replied. Sona kept looking at Dev, who stared back at her. Sensing their need to be with each other, Asha quipped in, "You guys continue...have fun! I will take your leave." "Okay, Maa! And don't worry...I will drop Sona back home, on time.", replied Dev. "No worries...take your time!", Asha said. Dev smiled at Asha and accompanied her to her car.