Movie Marathon

The morning after DevAkshi's late-night outing was a blissful one. Both had cute smiles on their faces reminiscing the previous night. The glow on their faces was unmistakable, and that did not go unnoticed by their respective family members. Nobody teased them though, as they were genuinely happy for the recently engaged couple.

It was decided that the weekend following DevAkshi's engagement, the younger clan would have a sleepover at the Malhotra Mansion, whereas the elders would be at the Dixit Mansion.

It was the day of the sleepover and DevAkshi was super excited to meet one another, for the reasons unbeknownst to them; as they had not met post their late-night sojourn.

However, every day, following their jaunt, they would talk over the phone and if not that, then they would text each other. Wishing the other 'Good Morning' and 'Good Night' had become a ritualistic routine for them.

After his work for the day was done, Dev, while making his way to the parking lot, called Sonakshi. Her name itself brought a smile to his handsome face.
For Sona too, it was nothing different. As soon as she saw his name flashing on her cell phone screen, her face lit up like a thousand bulbs. She picked up the call and walked to the window of her bedroom. They both greeted one another at the same time, "Hello Sona" "Hi Dev.", and chuckled.

Sensing the tiredness in his voice she asked him, "Dev, kya hua? You sound tired. Is the work pressure too much? You are doing fine right...", with concern dripping from her voice. He smiled at her concern for him and before she could blabber further, he cut her off saying, "Sonakshi, relax. Don't worry, I am fine; just a dull headache. And about the work pressure, I would not lie to you, saying that there is no work pressure because there is. But I should get accustomed to it since there will be more and more of it further. Plus, Dad ne bhi toh itne saal itna work pressure handle kiya hain na. Toh main bhi seekh jaunga." His words and he himself always managed to impress her. Every time they talked, she had begun to respect him more and more. "Okay! But you have to take an Aspirin tablet for your headache and none of the excuses that you forgot would work okay?", Sona sternly instructed Dev; her voice having an authoritative edge to it. Once again he smiled at her concern for him and also for the way she instructed him to take the medicine. "Okay teacher!", he replied in a teasing manner. She chuckled heartily at his reply; the sound of her laughter seemed like a melody to his ears. They talked for some time more. "Achha listen, be ready by eight. Soumya and I will come to pick you up for tonight.", Dev told her; which earned him another lecture as Sonakshi said; or rather warned him, "Nooo. You are not coming to pick me up, you will have to unnecessarily take a long route. You are not well and I am perfectly capable of getting to Maasi's place myself." "Sonakshi I just have a headache. I will be fine.", replied Dev. "Dev, please? I can come on my own. Please don't stress yourself more than you already have. Please?", she said ever-so-cutely, in a soft tone, that made Dev give up on his argument. "Okay fine!", he replied half-heartedly, making a grumpy face. Sensing the same, Sona let out a low chuckle and said, "Oukayyy. See you, Dev." "Yep. See you soon...Sona!", Dev replied and cut the call, smiling to himself; leaving Sonakshi all blushy, because of him calling her 'Sona'.
The impatience to see each other grew more, after their phone call.

Finally, it was time for Sona to leave for the Malhotra Mansion. She stuffed her nightwear and her toiletries in a small bag and after getting ready in jeans and a t-shirt, left on her Scooty. Her parents had already departed for the Dixit Mansion. Before starting, she sent a quick message to Dev, saying that she had left and would be there in some time; as she knew that he would worry unnecessarily if she did not. Without waiting for his reply, she zoomed off to Raj and Anjali's abode.

Meanwhile, Dev and Soumya too were leaving their place, when Dev saw Sonakshi's parents enter the Mansion. He stopped to greet them and touched their feet, thus seeking their blessings. While this gesture of his touched their hearts, they happily blessed him, their hands moving of their own accord on his head. Soumya too mirrored her brother's actions, receiving the same gesture that he did, in return. Bidding them farewell, they sat in the car, when his phone beeped. He checked it and on seeing Sonakshi's message, smiled, which did not go unnoticed by his sister dearest. "Bhaabi ka message aaya...", she sang, with a sly smile playing on her lips. Dev chuckled at his sister's craziness, whilst blushing a bit, at the thought of meeting Sona. He just 'Hmm-ed' in response! "You are happy na Bhai?", Soumya asked Dev, in the middle of nowhere. "Huh? All of a sudden, why did you ask this?", he asked her, confused. "I just want to know.", she replied, shrugging her shoulders, and again said, "Batao na Bhai. Aap khush ho na?" "Of course I am! In fact, I'm not just happy...I am extremely happy!", he replied, looking sideways at his sister and smiling at her. She too smiled warmly at him, seeing him be so frank with her about Sona.