Chapter 9- Day Off

"Eren?" My words echoed off the walls of the office. Waking up decided to talk the problem out with the man himself. His face was covered by arms. Walking closer I saw papers scatter on the floor. Poking his arm lightly he shot up in a pancik. Dark bag were under his eyes. Normal tan skin looked pale. He look horrible, I soon forget the reason for storming into the room. Empathy filled my heart as I placed a hand to his forehand. Scorching hot warmth spread though my hand. He had a fever. Green eyes seem to be lost in a dream. Moving both hands to his cheek I made eyes concat with the prince. Weakly he smiled lining into the touch. "Let's get you back to the bedroom". Nodding in agreement we slowly walked the distance.

     Along the way I decided to asked him about he was doing when his fever ceased. Taking a seat on the bed Eren waited for me to get a wet cloth. As I was wetting the towleate I though why didn't Armin or Mikasa see if he was fine? I mean it's Armin's job to take care of the royals. Dismissing the question I delivered the cloth to my husband. Singing in relief he fell back against the bedding. I could feel his gazed, but I continued to stare blankly at the carpet. The thoughts for the day before came back. He overworked herself for a reason. Sensing my uneasiness he rested his hand on mine.

     "I'm sorry". Those words broke me. Falling onto his chest, tears falling. Wrapping his arm around my slender waist he confronted me. My depressing thought disappeared. I knew that he was speaking the truth. I wish that I had check-up on him soon, so that I didn't have to go through what I did. Once my tears dried I straddled his waist. Soft snoring filled the room. He looked at peace as he slept. Slowly I moved out of the bed, careful not to wake up sleeping beauty. Walking down to the dining hall, there was a spring in my step. Entering the room I saw Armin and Mikasa having a friendly conversation.

     "Good morning Levi!" Armin chirped as he had me a plate of pancakes. The sweet smell of maple syrup filled my nose. Mikasa nodded to me as she went to leave the room. I wonder if she hates me? If she does then she has to get of it, I'm married to her brother after all. Soon me and Armin where having a conversation about the prince and his father. Armin was shares stories that the king had told hi. Most of them being cute baby moments.

     "I thought you weren't going to tell anyone". Turning around I saw the man of the hour. Dressed in a simple green t-shirt, black jeans, and vans. Armin froze and looked down at the wood table. Giggling I explained to Eren that I wanted them to know. Apologizing to the blonde he basically dragged me out of the dining room. Soon we reached the garden. The rose were in full bloom, and the sun was reflected off the water. It was a beautiful day to spend with the love of my life. A yelp sounded from my throat as he picked me up bridal style. Securing my hands around his neck I allow him to carry to wherever we were heading.

-----

     Walking through the woods, the sun poking through the leave of the overhanging trees. I was now on top of his shoulders. Humming my childhood song as I racking my finger though his brown locks. I don't know the end goal, but I'm glad to be with him. Soon the seemly endless trees spread out into a wide field. The grass swayed in the wind. Setting me down we walked hand-in-hand. Sitting down the grass I could feel the condition of the midnight rain.

     Resting my head on Eren's shoulder I felt at peace with the world. My depressing thoughts disappeared and I'm happy once again. This was the perfect day off.

-----

Words: 688

Hey everyone it's Lance!!!! Nya is currently out on a mission with the black lion. She told me to upload for her, she didn't want to break her promise. Well that's all the time I have Keith's calling me. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!