Unreachable Love

In the depths of the bayou, where not even the bravest explorers dared venture, Valdronya and enchanted Jasmine swayed to a musicless waltz. They soon stopped and he held her by the shoulders to gaze into the currently dark pools that made her eyes.

"My lovely Jasmine, how have you been these last few months?" "Very well my king." Her voice was dull and automatic, like a robot programmed beforehand, and it pained him to hear it. Brushing it aside, he sat back on his mossy throne and gazed at the girl before him.

"Sing for me my love, so that I'm evermore pleased with your unique spirit." She barely nodded before music seeped out from the shadows and she began.

(Lana de Rey Video Games)

She finished with a graceful nod as he stood while clapping. "Such a lovely performance, I swear I was falling more in love with every word." Her head cocked to curiously to one side.

"Love?" "Of course my dear, don't you know how much I love you?" When she didn't reply, he reached and gently cupped the side of her face, wiping away the tear that had slipped out during her performance.

"if I can't have you completely then I must be content to gaze on your blank face, hear your dull voice. Though I do miss your fiery spirit. Every now and then I wish..." Both hands cupped her face. "I wish I had known not to do what I did. But sweet Jasmine, you would've made a fine queen."

But she just looked at him, eyes void of the love he knew he couldn't have.

~

At early dawn, some hours before the sun would officially rise, Valdronya appeared in Jasmine's room, the unconscious female in his arms, and lay her in bed. He sat beside his love, drinking in her peaceful slumber before gently stroking her hair.

"How I'd like to believe a part of you still loves me, but your arrival could've been a slight twist of fate, rather then reason for us to be together. I wish you knew how much I still cherish you."

He finally stood, pausing to admire her relaxed features. With a loud roar, he vanished back into the fading darkness, knowing Daphne would soon run in and hold the female against her breast.