Fanged Secrets

Everyone had been relieved to find Jasmine alive, but at the same time wondered how she got back and where she went, revealing this particular case was two mysteries in one. But Jasmine was dealing with problems of her own.

The dark theater though foreign had shadows that felt terribly familiar. Jasmine walked down the dark alley, hopped onto the stage and entered the spotlight. She was silent for a moment.

"Bram, get out here I gotta talk to you!" The darkness overhead shifted as a rope came down with the vampire actor on it. His purple eyes went wide upon seeing her.

"Jasmine?" At her somber nod, he landed on stage and took her hands in his, his warmth made her think back to good times forgotten.

"You've certainly become popular." A pained look came to his face. "Don't be like that J, you know I never expected to hit the big stage." "So you say, can we talk?" "I always have time for you." Her smile was soft and sad.

~

"I take it you haven't told your new friends yet?" "And wake up the next morning in a mental asylum? Not likely." The two currently rested in the rafters above the theater, her head and cheek on her chest, his hand on her upper back.

"If you want to face Valdronya you outta get more friends on your side. Besides, that red head girlfriend of yours will kill me if she sees us like this." Jasmine giggled, raising her head at level with his. "We're not dating Bram." "We're not just friends either." "You're right, we're best frineds, the kind that kiss to seal secrets." "Touché."

The kiss was gentle and sweet, his hand came to her hair as he pulled her closer and slipped his tongue inside, hers risisng slowly to greet it. It lasted only for a monet before she pulled back, an almost pitiful smile on her face.

"You still can't move on can you?" His violet eyes held romance related pain. "Can I help finding you lovely as a full moon on a clear midsummer night?" "You should've thought of that before Valdronya got me." As she left the building, both wilted at the love that might've been.

~

'Never had the shadows called to her as they did that night, with eager voices they whispered, luring her out into the early summer twilight. It wasn't until she stepped out into the backyard when the whispers ceased and she regained her senses. She turned back to the porch door when a flicker of movement caught her eye. Peaking from the woods just beyond the stream marking the edge of the yard, were two glowing green eyes.

"My queen." She froze up completely, watching in stunned horror as Valdronya floated out to where she stood, slowly reaching out until one palm cupped her cheek.

"How beautiful you are." She pulled back with a faint whimper, halting him. "You fear me my darling?" "And for good reason, you're not exactly human." "Yet I have a heart that beats madly whenever you're near." She whirled away from him, trembling fingers clutching her upper arms.

"Valdronya, please don't make this harder then it is." "What do you mean my beauty?" She sighed and began to sing.

When she finished there was a long pause before he gently dried her tears, tilting her head up in order to gaze into her glistening eyes.

"I want to show you something, please..." She looked down at his outstretched hand for a moment before cautiously resting her palm on his. Green mist swallowed them and the ground vanished beneath their feet, when it cleared they were several hundred feet above the bayou at the top of an extra tall tree. With a sharp squeak of fear she grabbed the vampire around the waist and hid her face in his cloak.

"Val, you know I don't do heights!" "Shh, look." His voice was so gentle she peaked out, then raised her head all the way with a soft gasp.

From the shadows hundreds of fireflies floated forth, lighting up the foliage in soft shades of green, setting the swamp water aglow. The gentle hum of wildlife soothed her and another gasp tumbled pat her lips as the clouds pulled back to reveal a bright full moon.

"Do you feel that?" She looked back into his eyes, bright with emotion. "What you're feeling is how I feel every day I'm with you." She stood up straighter, hands resting on his shoulders as his rested at her waist.

"All I ask for is three months by your side my queen." His voice was low and tender. "If you still wish to stay away from me by then, I promise to leave and never return." If I ever want you to leave. She thought, but nodded.

"I think I can digest a deal like that." His soft smile matched her own as she rested her cheek against his cold chest and let him stroke her hair.'

The flashback faded away as Jasmine entered the vampire museum, gaze falling upon the empty sealed coffin. She walked up and brushed her palm over the glass lid, thinking.

Whoever's in that Valdronya getup doesn't know what he's dealing with. A real vampire wouldn't cause such a panic over his queen. "I don't know where you are my lord, but I do know you're not the flashy type." A gentle smile tugged at her lips as she walked out, feeling as though she was being watched.