Vampire Passion

Jasmine's hand slowly carassed her pounding head as her heavy eyelids opened. Upon seeing the shadows around her, she sat up and looked around.

She had been laid to rest on a mossy hammock, dangling a few feet above a stone path. Cautiously she stepped out and ventured along the path, glancing the swamp around her. Eventually, she entered a clearing where the vampire lord waited.

"You are the one chosen to be my bride?" She shrugged slightly. "If you want me to be." He smiled slowly. "What's your name?" "Jasmine." "It's as unusual as you are lovely." Her smile was bashful and sweet, he held out a pale hand.

"The sky belongs to us tonight, let us enjoy it my queen." She smiled at the title before taking his hand. In a flash she was on his back and he took off into the night, her squealing with her arms wrapped tight around his neck. Soon her squeals died off upon noticing the view they had from high above.

Beneath them the world had become a breathtaking marshlands paradise, beholding wonders she knew others didn't have the honor of seeing. She soon snuggled into the vampire's backside with a content smile he secretly reflected.

How long they flew neither were sure, yet both didn't mind. Sooner or later they touched down just outside her parents house where he gently kissed her forehead. " 'Til tomorrow night my queen." She smiled before going inside and to bed where she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Valdronya gazed at her through the window briefly before flying off into the night.

~

Some weeks came and went in which the human and monster grew close. Slowly her heart started to warm up to him and he found his own cold dead one growing hotter whenever she drew near. But desire had a way of twisting a monster's mind in the darkest way possible.

It was a day or so before spring break when Jasmine arrived home to the most traumatizing sight; her parents lying on the floor, necks ripped open so they lay in their own blood on the carpet that was stained in red. In her horror, her legs gave out beneath her and her scalp struck the doorway, knocking her out.

When she came to twilight was almost over as she burst out the door and ran down the street, it wasn't long before she heard her undead betrothed approaching from behind.

Further and further she ran, legs sore breath ragged tears streaming but she ran. She reached the town theater where she found her acting friends packing up to go on tour, it was Bram who caught her and brandished the cross to halt the beast. When Jasmine finally gazed up at the monster she was to marry, she saw his fanged mouth was dripping with blood and began to sob.

"You murdered them, you murdered my parents!" "Please my queen let me explain-" When he attempted to reach for her Bram held out the cross further, hand trembling with fury.

"Begone with you! If you come near her again I will personally drive a stake through your heart! NOW GET LOST!!!" Valdronya cast one last look at his weeping bride before flying off into the night. As soon as he left Bram dropped the cross and held Jasmins closer, stroking her hair.

"It's okay, he won't be bothering you anymore, it's alright..." But when she regained herself she pulled away with furious eyes.

"This is all your fault! Don't you get it? If you hadn't chosen me to be his bride none of this would've happened!!" Pause. "I-I loved you, and you ignored it. Leave me alone, all of you, I never want to see any of you ever again!!" With thet she ran off into the night and no one tried to stop her.

For a month or so after that she kept on running, leaving her old life in the dust and letting fate stear her along. But when nothing good came out of it she resorted to drinking and retired to a hobo habitat beneath a bridge. It would be a week of so before Fred found her.'

Everyone was silent at the story's end, slowly digesting the past that had been Jasmine's own, Daphne was the first to break the ice.'

"Well!" She said, clapping her hands once. "Now that that's settled we should-" "I still love him." Everyone looked back at Jasmine as she slowly raised her head to reveal tear-stained cheeks and a quivering lower lip.

"God help me but I do," her voice was a tearful trembling plea, "he makes me feel protected, like no matter what hardships I'll always be safe in his cold embrace. I never want to lose him, never!" She jumped to her feet and paused before sighing.

"Look, you guys can take this however you want; it's true, I'm crazy, take your pick. But hear this; the Valdronya you guys are chasing after isn't real but the real one's out there and he's coming for me. And when he does, don't try to keep us apart, help me leave this world for good."

She left them to their thoughts, noticing out the corner of her eye Daphne was the only one who watched her go.